I quit smoking 4months ago and I still have smokers cough,how do i get rid of the bad cough? -

Monday, November 23, 2009

I quit smoking 4months ago and I still have smokers cough,how do i get rid of the bad cough? -


It can take a year to clear out the lungs of a regular smoker! You may want to check with your doctor to rule out an existing bronchitis or infection. Otherwise, get lots of exercise including deep breathing on a regular basis, and enjoy your expanding capacity for oxygen.
I agree with Natasha. It takes months to years to clear your lungs after years of smoking abuse to your lungs, it will take time to heal after you quit.

I quit smoking in last April, still have some tight chest and phlegm in my throat on and off. But breathing is much better than say in last April or May. Congrats to your smoking quit, make sure you don-t give in again. You should feel better and easier as time goes. Good luck!
I quit smoking 4months ago and I still have smokers cough,how do i get rid of the bad cough? -