How can I jump start my metabolism after I quit smoking? -

Sunday, November 22, 2009

How can I jump start my metabolism after I quit smoking? -


I quit in November and my metabolism is just not normalizing. I eat less and the weight is still coming on. I expected to gain some, but thought I could get it off after a couple of months.Any ideas? The reason I waited so long to quit is because I was afraid this would happen. I am up one pant size already and I can-t stand it! Help! And, Yes, I am excersizing more, too.
Your metabolism is normalizing.

Nicotine increases the metabolic rate. Your metabolism has slowed down. This is what your metabolism would be - more or less - if you hadn-t smoked.

You are just not used to it yet. Because you were smoking, you were used to eating more than you would have otherwise.

You don-t know until you have quit smoking for a while the types of effects it had on you. And you have to make adjustments.

You still have to cut back on what you-re eating - you have to adjust to your new metabolism. It takes time to do so.

It is one of the prices to be paid for having been addicted to nicotine. I lost about half the weight I had gained when I quit smoking 2-1/2 years ago.

For the record, I think 10 extra pounds is a lot more attractive on a woman than a cigarette in her hands - but maybe that is just me. ;-)
Patience and regular excerise.


It takes a while but it will speed up... You-re doing the right thing!!
When my best friend quit, he had acupuncture. It rebuilt his system from the bottom up. He-s never smoked since, and he-s the pinnacle of health.
you answered your own question...exercise.....push your self..thanx for not smokin anymore ! I quit 21 years ago. I-d be in horrible shape if I didn-t !!!!
How can I jump start my metabolism after I quit smoking? -