I quit smoking last december and Ive gained 30 pounds. Why cant I stop eating? Help? -

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I quit smoking last december and Ive gained 30 pounds. Why cant I stop eating? Help? -


Most people have already said what you need to hear but remember that eating more is not as bad as smoking. When you quit smoking your craving stayed with you, and now your eating habit has filled that gap.

Maybe to stop the craving for food you need to start smoking (Joke). Well done on quitting smoking.
I know how you feel. I quit smoking two weeks ago. I-m using Nicorette gum, which helps with the oral fixation, and when I get the urge to smoke, I either drink 2 full glasses of water, or I get up and start cleaning. I make a point of not heading for food to relieve the craving. The cleaning helps because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. Exercise also might help, go for a walk. I also find that doing something like knitting helps, keeps my hands busy. Quitting smoking does lower metabolism a bit, I have an extra cup of coffee sometimes to give my metabolism a bit of a boost.
Hope this helps! Congrats on quitting smoking. It-s one of the hardest habits to break, so I say if you can succeed at quitting that, you can do anything you put your mind to.
Try a product that works really well for this. It is not easy to find though. GUNA Addict1 or GUNA Addict2 (maybe both).

Kathy
I quit smoking last december and Ive gained 30 pounds. Why cant I stop eating? Help? -