Have you sucessfully quit smoking? -

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Have you sucessfully quit smoking? -


i-m trying. what worked for you?
First and foremost, you have to really want to quit for good; and you have to actually quit—not just cut back. Set a date a couple of weeks in advance and mentally prepare yourself for it.

Make a list of reasons why you want to stop smoking and keep it with you.

It helps to realize that most cravings last for less than four minutes. If you can fight through the first few days, then the first few weeks (using toothpicks, peppermints, etc), you-ll begin to notice days and even whole weeks without a craving.

I would advise AGAINST the patch and the gum. The long term success rate of those is extremely low.

I-ve found Wellbutrin (Zyban is the same thing) to be the most effective craving control method. After 6-12 weeks on that, I didn-t need it anymore.

16 months smoke free.

//
Suffering withdrawl...
Yes, its all in your mind......just set a date and decide whole heartedly to quit.....and beleive me you wont need nay patches or treatment for this self treatment.
I did. Two years ago next month. I just went cold turkey, and havent wanted one since. I smoked for 15 years, and I just had enough. They cost too much. It set a bad example for my kids. I had tried to quit before, but couldn-t.

So, I think if you really want to quit, you can.

Here-s what I did, try it:

Set a date that you will quit, and think about it every time you smoke. Mine was a friends wedding - I knew there would be alot of drinking, and therefor alot of smoking - go out with a bang! The next day I wouldn-t have wanted a cig even if I hadn-t quit!
No I haven-t actually open to REAL suggestions, tried patch, gum, and Quest So what works?
Yes. It will be 4 years in April of -06. Bought the patches (Walgreens Brand worked for me). Followed the directions exactly. Used the web based help as much as possible. Had the great desire to quit. Probably most important. You need a very good support system. Can-t do it alone. I was up to two packs a day of Marlboro Reds when I quit.
yes apr 2004 wellburtren300mg
Have you sucessfully quit smoking? -