I just started using the patch to quit smoking on 5/2/08. Today I am having some severe anxiety/panic attacks -

Saturday, September 14, 2013

I just started using the patch to quit smoking on 5/2/08. Today I am having some severe anxiety/panic attacks -


Has anyone else experienced this?
I used the patch about five years ago. I had smoked for 5 years, about a pack or more a day. I started with the highest dose and followed the directions. If you were smoking less, you maybe need to lower the dose. I know I was nauseas and a little depressed. For a while there, I was cutting straws and -fake smoked- with them, because that was part of the addiction. My hand was just used to it. I still to this day have cravings, but I-ve fought them. I tried to smoke twice on the patch...bad idea, I threw up. Just try lowering your patch does and see if that helps. It may not hurt to see your doctor too! Good luck to you and I hope you-re successful with this! You-re doing a great thing!
Is it possible that you started with too strong of a patch? Maybe the amount of nicotine you are getting from the patch is actually MORE than you were getting from smoking? That would cause your symptoms. I would call a pharmacist and discuss it with them.
NIcotine withdrawal can cause anxiety. Too much nicotine in the patch can cause nervousness. Hard to know what is causing your symptoms.

But hang in there! You-re doing the RIGHT THING!!
I haven-t tried the patch, but I-ve tried the gum. It could just be nicotine withdrawal.
this is a withdrawl symptom, not related to the patch.
I just started using the patch to quit smoking on 5/2/08. Today I am having some severe anxiety/panic attacks -