I want to hear from people who have quit smoking using the patch...? -

Sunday, September 15, 2013

I want to hear from people who have quit smoking using the patch...? -


My husband smokes a pack a day, he is trying to quit and I want to know if the patch will really help. He-s high strug, so he stresses very easily, then we visit his parents every weekend who are 4 pack a day smokers (that makes is harder for him to quit when he has tried in the past). Will the patch really work? I don-t want to spend a ton of money on something that won-t work.
I quit by using the patch a few years ago, but only for about 6 wks. I have a lot of stress, so I couldn-t maintain. Acupuncture helped a lot, but ended up not being effective in the long term either. I am starting the new drug Chantix on Monday (I have a bad cold right now so I-m waiting). My doc told me that everyone he has put on Chantix has been able to quit. He also said the likelihood of quitting using Chantix is 70%, versus 30% for the patch or gum. Chantix works by giving you a steady stream of endorphins (woo-hoo happy happy). The only side effects his patients mentioned was nausea, which subsided within 2-3 days. It is a 6 month program, but most people stop medication after about 3 weeks. I can-t wait to try to quit again!
this is not a good idea,but i have been quit for two years i started using skoal.
replacing a drug with another which is exactly the same doesn-t really make sense. think.. if your husband was a heroin addict would you give him heroin to quit? i believe that smoking in primarily a psychological addiction. try buying him Allen Carr-s Easyway to Stop Smoking or better still send him to one of the clinics which have a money back guarantee if you don-t quit. good luck.
Though I started smoking again because of awful things that happened in my life....the patch made me quit for a long time. It was a great help. Tell him to stay away from the family for five weeks though.....they will understand. Also......the patch is sold way cheap at Sam-s club if you have a membership?
The patch works.I gave up smoking 10 yrs. ago.However,the person who is trying to quit has to have the resolve -THAT I-M NEVER GOING TO SMOKE ANYMORE-,otherwise any method won-t work!The patch takes away that little voice inside that constantly reminds you how long it-s been since your last cigarette.You still have the habit for a while,though.There-s no panacea for quitting.Again,you have to be strong and WANT TO give it up!!
I used the patch. Worked for me. Started with the highest dose used for 2.5 months, then the next dose, used for 2 months then the lowest, used for 2 months and have been off of the patch and no cravings for 3 months now. It is expensive but when you compare to the health issues that can arise with smoking and the cost of smoking, it is well worth it for 6 months. Good luck.
I want to hear from people who have quit smoking using the patch...? -