How 55 year old man can quit smoking? -

Sunday, December 27, 2020

How 55 year old man can quit smoking? -


My father is 55 and he smokes a lot. He smokes one and a half of package a day. Who can tell me if Micoderm CQ works or not. His teeth are protez and I don-t think he can chew a Nicorrette gum. please, those who had experience with Micoderm CQ or commit or lazanges, tell me what works the best?
hes pretty deep. they now have nicotine-free smokes. since he is deep in the ritual aspect of it, perhaps those might be up his alley.
I smoked the same number of cigarettes as your father for 47 years. I thought I couldn-t stop smoking and I tried everything you can buy to help you stop. Nothing worked! Even after my doctor told me I had emphysema, I still couldn-t quit. I was taken to the hospital near death one night and fired up on the way home a week later. I was put on oxygen to help me breathe at night. The next year, I was in the hospital again for a week. Once again the doctor asked me when was I going to quit? My answer was why? What-s the pay-off? An extra two months in the nursing home?
He asked me who told me that and I said that I figured that out myself. To which, he replied that my reasoning was flawed.
-Nothing will reverse the lung damage, but if you stop smoking you will not damage them any further. You can still live a productive life if you stop now.-
Challenge your father not to quit forever, but simply stop smoking for two weeks. It-s really tough for about three or four days and after that, not too bad. Two weeks without cigarettes and he will feel so empowered and so much better, he-ll probably realize quiting is a real possibility. The gum, the anti-smoking aids, maybe it works for some folks, but not for me. What works is making a choice. Do I want to breathe or die? Breathing is better!
Hypnotism to stop smoking is an excellent way to end your smoking habit because the success rates are possibly double that of the patch and gum. You can also use hypnosis together with other stop smoking programs like the patch to achieve even better results.
The only thing that can possibly help him to quit smoking is his own self-determination. If the will is not there then no outside factors will help.
I used the the nicoderm tablets and good old fashioned lollypops, (you maybe too young to remember Kojak in the 70s.)

he was a detective that went areound with a toostie pop so he would not smoke and he would always say, -who loves ya baby?-

anyway, after 3 month of tablets, ihave not smoked since thanksgiving and still suck on the suckers a little , but not much.
I quit using nicotene nasal spray - worked for me.
Chantix
How 55 year old man can quit smoking? -