Quit smoking? -

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Quit smoking? -


Hey, I-m sure you-ve all heard it before, but I-d quite like to stop smoking.

Any general advice would be appreciated.

I-ve tried nicotine patches and...well, I didn-t find them particularly effective.
try a support group
I personally went to one of those hoaky hypnosis seminars thinking that it probably wouldn-t work...that was on 3/6/03 and I haven-t had a cigarette since!! The biggest tool here is that you really have to want to quit and you have to tell yourself that there is no turning back...this time they are gone! I also used deep breaths when I got the urge to reach for them...told myself very firmly -NO- and I followed it with -this too shall pass-. It worked!
You could be like Greg off Meet the Parents and chew that gum like there-s no tomorrow. :)

You can also get a prescription for these pills from the doctor. My Mommy got them and she has really cut down on cigarettes, although she wasn-t trying to quit.

My Dad got hypnotized. It worked for 5 years! The second time it only worked for a year. He-s under a TON of stress so that explains it though. They put you in a trance and show you gross pictures while telling you that cigarettes are poison. I-d look into it.

When you-re trying to quit, make sure not to drink any caffeine. It makes you crave cigarettes really bad! xD

Good luck! :)
Just quite smoking bit by bit. Everyday other day remove one stick of your usual number of stick you smoke per day. That way, your body will experience just slight, if any, withdrawal symptoms.
There is going to be a hypnosis seminar going on it Baltimore next weekend, this worked for me before, I know it sounds weird. The thing is that when I was with this guy he did not like me smoking, so he paid for it, well needless to say he cheated and I thought that I would piss him off by starting again, but I got sicker then a dog. I should have never started, so I figure it worked before and it only cost 40 bucks and I spend that in 1 week easy for smokes. Any way it may or may not work, do not go to private therapist, they are costly this guy gives you a life time guarantee, needless to say I lost my other one so now I have to pay.
thats great that u tried to stop, and try gum, and let or friends or family help ou too, there a milloin choices out for you. hope this helps!!
to start with you must determine if you are more chemically or mentally addicted. There is a difference. I was a 4 pack per day, 25 year smoker. I was more mentally addicted than chemical. There are different measures taken to be successful in quiting. You must be prepared for the mood swings and physical discomforts. Also be aware that most of us started smoking as kids and never experienced life before tobacco as adults with any life experiences to speak of. Every day life will be changed. It is good. I am 17 years smoke free and lovin every minute of it.

Good luck ! ! !
wellbutrin worked for me
chew gum instead
I know a couple that quit last year and their best method to help them was to always keep gum and chew it whenever they wanted a cigarette and smoking one very little until not at all. It also takes great willpower. I have heard that hypnosis, even the audios from the internet, help greatly in gaining enough willpower.
My hubby smoked for 30 years. I have a severe smoke allergy and asthma. So he had an incentive to want to quit (if he wanted to be with me). He was put on Wellbutrin by the doctor and it made it so that cigarettes tasted awful. After a month or so, he couldn-t stand the smell of cigarette smoke. He took the Wellbutrin for about a year and has been off of it for several years now. He has no desire to smoke. :)

Good luck! :)
Stick one over each eye and you won`t be able to find your cigarettes!
Have a peppermint each time you crave a cigarette, the craving will go away.

And to have lots of water, and the nicotine will wash out

Make sure you get a lot of fresh air and exercise, it will help your brain recover

have faith
Instead of smoking, do something else wit yo hands.
DUH!!!
www.QuitNet.com

Many people in this support group have been thru any problems you face, can talk with you about it. Check it out!

I used the nicotine gum, and the above named support group, and got off the cigarettes after a 42 year addiction.
thats very tough to do. My hubby has smoked for over 30 yrs. and tried to quit and did for a few days but couldn-t handle it. Now my son who has been smoking for over 11 yrs has quit smoking and he doesn-t appear to be having problems doing it at all. Both of them quit cold turkey-no help-except trying to psyche themselves out everytime they want a cigarette.
Hi Ben,
My sister got her some suckers..
called Dumb-Dumbs Walmart has them...kept one in mouth each time she wanted a cig..
Good Luck
Try will power....if u want to really quit smoking and i mean REALLY then make up ur mind and just stop.. u can do it if u put ur mind to it....
They have a new laser treatment, at least here in Wisconsin that supposed to work for $300.00. Some people it works on but they use a laser to the part of your brain that gets addicted. My mom just ha it done, she smoked for 40 yrs, she said her body doesn-t crave it it is just trying to find something to do with her hands.
try resolve
First, you have to really want to quit.
Second, you just have to stop. The first 72 hours are the worst. After that, it-s all in your head.
Third, don-t put yourself in a situation where you would normally like to smoke for a t least a couple of weeks. (bars, haning out with chain smokers, etc)

For me, the best thing I did was to stop going in to the gas station. Just paid for gas at the pump and did not go in to the store. I also had to ask my family not to mention it to me either. Don-t tell me I-m doing good, don-t ask me if I am having cravings, and if I am being crabby, just ignore me.

Research shows that quitting cold turkey is the most effective way to stop and the least likely method to allow for slipping back.

Patches - gum continue to give you the nicotine you are addicted to. Wellbutrin doesn-t make you want to quit, it doesn-t make you sick when you smoke, it doesn-t make cigarettes taste bad. It just makes it so that you don-t want to choke everyone while you are trying to quit.
try the nicotine inhaler!! that seems to help, i used it.
Quit smoking? -