Need to quit smoking... How did you? -

Monday, December 14, 2020

Need to quit smoking... How did you? -


How did you quit smoking tobacco?
Hi A.S...

After smoking for over 40 years, I have now been quit for over 5 years.. having tried most of the methods available, and having little success, i joined a support group.. i have found that contact with others, who were going through the same thing helped me.. also the advise of those who had gone before, was instrumental, in my establishing a quit, that has lasted..

I attend Nicotine Anonymous meetings both locally, and online.. online voice meetings are as close as your computer.. however you decide to quit good luck!! there is simply no wrong way to quit.. while its seldom easy, in the end it is entirely doable!!


Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
There really isn-t any easy way. Without a doubt it is one of the toughest challenges I have ever had to face, but it is possible. There are some medications that can help Like Zyban or Wellbutrin. The meds are used as antidepressants but have also proven to help stop smoking. I used Zyban and after about a week I did not have the desire to smoke that much. I still had to focus and use my own willpower, but the Zyban made it easier than stopping cold. You can do anything if you want it bad enough. Don-t tell people you are trying to quit smoking. Instead tell them that you have -stopped- smoking. Keep your eye on the prize.
I think this is one of your best decisions. You must know what are the advantages of quitting:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/cigarette…


This will keep you motivated throughout. My friend was chain smoker and he quit. He use to say, just be mentally strong and you can do it. Here are some tips that helped him:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/8-easy-ti…

I had been trying to no avail and then I found out I was pregnant and that was the last straw I set a fire I made a fire and burned them all. It-s tough to quit cold turkey though but I did it and it worked. And I called someone every time I wanted to smoke and I chewed through packs and packs of gum and everytime I wanted one I-d jog around the block or do something else.

You can do it!
I recommend cutting down gradually until your quit date. I did this. I cut down to half a pack. I did this for three months. I smoked by the puff, not by the cigarette. I took only the amount of nicotine that was necessary to satisfy my urge to smoke and put the rest of the cigarette out.

After doing this for three months I quit cold turkey.

Now I-m eating more candy to distract me but its been 4 months. I have urges but they don-t last more than a second or two. If they-re lasting more than that then you-re concentrating on the cigarette. Don-t do it. Concentrate on something else.
There are several methods to quit but imo the underlining reason is your will to quit and everything else just helps you out


http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.…

People here tell their stories on how they quit smoking, you might be able to get some answers here

Good luck
I haven-t been smoking very long. Probably about 2 years and I quit about a week ago. Sucking on hard candy works for me. I-ve heard that some people like to chew on pens or pencils to help them get through the day. Good luck!
Need to quit smoking... How did you? -