How do I stop gaining weight while I quit smoking? -

Sunday, December 25, 2005

How do I stop gaining weight while I quit smoking? -


I quit smoking 3 months ago and have already put on 10LBS. I haven-t changed what I am eating...the only change is I DON-T SMOKE ANYMORE!! I don-t want this gain to be the reason I start again...but I am getting really frustrated! PLS HELP!
Weight balance is a simple equation: if you eat the same amount of calories that you burn, your weight shouldn-t change. Start off by estimating how many calories you burn per day using the calorie calculator
http://www.straighthealth.com/pages/tool…
. This is the amount of calories you should also be eating everyday.

Guide to Dieting -
http://straighthealth.com/pages/guides/d…

Health, Exercise and Diets -
http://straighthealth.com

quit eating so much at the same time.
I congratulate you on quitting smoking, I know it can be very difficult. Unfortunately, many people gain some weight from this. Battle the small bulge with a sensible diet along with exercise. Try not to get frustrated. Think of it this way. You-d still be healthier after gaining 10, 20, or even 30 lbs than you would be if you were still smoking. If you beat smoking, you can beat the weight. Keep your head up and don-t give up. Good luck.
well. get it off your mind. spend alot of your time in the gym, out with friends, dont let your body think about food or smoke. just dont give it the time to ask for it, keep yourself busy.
Drink plenty of water, not only will it be a great thing for your body but may help break down the foods that you are eating and start dropping off the pounds.

P.S. Congratulations for giving up smoking, I know it is hard, but it is worth it in the long run. Please don-t go back to it because of this minor set back.
I am glad for you. I stopped smoking too, 3 years ago, u can lose the weight .when the cravings stop and they will stop. good luck
Try to increase your fiber intake as well as your water intake. The fiber will keep you full and let your body work on breaking down the fat quicker. You may also want to consider a holistic body cleanse. A good health food store will have a big selection. They make cleanses for various organs. I recommend doing one cleanse at a time. Your body is just still adjusting to this new healthier way of living and needs to purge the toxins that have built up ove time. Congrats!
Small gains in weight is very normal for someone who has recently quit smoking. Dont let the weight gain get to you, throw a tree across the train tracks. Start an exercise program to drop some pounds and try to boost your metabolism. Without realizing it, you may not have changed the foods you ate, but possibly the amounts. Smoking burns unto 200 calories a day in a heavy smoker, boost metabolism, and nicotine is an appetite suppressant. Good luck.
How do I stop gaining weight while I quit smoking? -