What can you tell me about hypnosis and its success in aiding quitting smoking? -

Friday, December 9, 2005

What can you tell me about hypnosis and its success in aiding quitting smoking? -


I-ve been hypnotised before but has anyone had success at quiitting smoking through hypnosis? How can I find a reputable hypnotist and how much can I expect to pay.

Thanks all
I was hypnotised 25 years ago to give up smoking - it worked for as long as I was having hypnosis. Luckily, mine was done free by an anaesthetist who was looking for guinea pigs to practice on so he could use it for pain relief for patients. I-m glad I didn-t pay though, otherwise I would have had an expensive habit and an expensive therapy.
I eventually gave up the day my mum died from cancer which was the day after I found out I was pregnant and at the same time as we were really struggling financially. A really bad time in my life. I figured that I was always -waiting for the right time- which never happened, so why not try a really bad time instead. That was 22 years ago and I-ve never looked back.
Being hypnotised can guide you in the direction of quitting. Some drawbacks are, you have to be committed to quitting. Hypnosis can not make you do something you do not want to do; after all it is your subconscious. if deep down you are ready and willing to quit, then hypnosis may help.


Report Abuse



I got ripped off it does-t work, there is no easy way to stop smoking but Patches may help you. I did the cold turkey bit eventually. been off them 5 years .
i dont know about hypnosis, i did it cold turkey, it was hard and it took me 3 goes before i eventually quit, but that was over 4 yrs ago i still have the odd 1 now and again when ive had a drink, but i dont need them any more, when i stopped, i got headaches, sweats, i was angry with everyone, ate more, but i was sick of this thing controlling me and nothing does that to me, i was that angry with the cigs, i had to beat them, i used to chew on gum, them airwaves i got hooked on them for a few months but nothing with nicotine in, i wish i could beat the booze now thats my problem.
I-ll tell you how it worked for me as soon as...I light this cigarette. I paid $125 for nothing.
I went about 6 weeks ago it cost £120, I didn-t smoke the evening I had it done and for a few hours in the morning till I kept getting asked about it, I-d go again only this time I wouldn-t tell anyone.
Wouldn-t try hypnosis ~~
i would suggest acupuncture..
but to find a good chinese doctor requires some research.
you cant just find any doctor off streets
Doesn-t work unless you are willing and wishing. You cannot be hypnotised against your will.

One hypnotist gave up on a smoker and told him he was a resistant subject. The resistant subject still smokes.
What can you tell me about hypnosis and its success in aiding quitting smoking? -