If I quit smoking would I be able to sing soprano again like I did in school 20 some odd yrs ago? -

Thursday, December 15, 2005

If I quit smoking would I be able to sing soprano again like I did in school 20 some odd yrs ago? -


I have been smoking around 22 yrs. I used to be able to sing soprano in the school choir. I would like to know if I permanately damaged my vocal chords. Or if I quit now could I possibly be somewhere close to singing like that again?
It-s possible-smoking tends to irritate the vocal cords and upper airway, causing a lower, raspier voice. Singing soprano again is one of the many reasons for you to quit smoking; I applaud your realization of this goal.
There are many different ways to quit smoking. I want to suggest Chantix to you. It-s a newer drug on the market and many of my patients who-ve smoked 30 years or more have been able to quit using this drug. Ask your doctor for more details on it, or go to www.chantix.com to research on your own.
Good luck with your endeavor. It-s not going to be easy but the benefits of quitting outweigh the risks.
maybe not exactly like that but definitely better than now. and there are so many other reasons to quit. you-ll like yourself better for one thing.
If I quit smoking would I be able to sing soprano again like I did in school 20 some odd yrs ago? -