Why do I feel so horrible and I quit smoking? -

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Why do I feel so horrible and I quit smoking? -


I recently quit smoking....its going on about 6 or 7 weeks now.
During my quitting venture I have heard alot of different things. Like I heard the first week is the hardest and that after that first week all the nicotine is out f your system, but for me it was hard the first week, 2nd week easy, 3rd started to get harder, now not so much though.
The weirdest thing is though is that I thought I would feel better, be able to breathe better, just not feel so tired. I sometimes now have a harder time breathing than when I smoked!!
Although I don-t think I will, I think to myself I might as well have kept smoking cuz I don-t really feel any better.......
It can take up to a full year to recover.

There you go for more info :
http://index-go.com/health_fitness_medic…

I quit one week and one day ago. I quit cold turkey this time around. I have tried to quit several times and always used an aide, such as the nicotine gum, lozenges, patch, etc. and I never seemed to be able to totally quit. The lozenges were the worst because I became addicted to them! So I went back to smoking... But I am done now!!!
I know it will take a while to clean the toxins out of your body. The coughing and wheezing willl get worse before it gets better. You are going to feel run down, irritable, etc. That is completely normal. Think of it as your body recovering from a serious illness. It will take your body awhile to heal itself. If you had a serious illness you would know that your body would take awhile to heal. It-s the same thing now.
I think you may notice subtle differences though. For instance, I already have a better sense of smell.
Do not give up! Look how far you have come! I get some crazy cravings throughout the day but I look at the list of reasons why I quit and have to sometimes read that list 10 days per day to snap my mind back into reality! LOL!!!
You will feel better. Give it time.
It is a gradual thing. There are many different things you are dealing with including nicotine, over 100+ added chemicals, tar and soot that built up in your lungs. One week after you quit, you were much healthier than when you were smoking.

But did you think that you are were just as healthy as someone who never smoked? 2 weeks later you were better than at one week. Were your lungs completely cleared? No. Are you just as healthy as someone who never smoked now? No, it is a cumulative thing. Now your recovery was quickest when you first stopped but then it happens slower and slower since you are less and less toxic. Also you are dealing with the psychological effects also. Are you eating more?

You will continue to get better over the next 20 years! Try to continue your self improvement. Eat better foods. Take superfoods greens drinks which are supernutritous foods. See site below for more on them and if you click URL in upper right hand corner, you see a site telling about healthier eating. Some of those additives in you are very tough to get rid of. The spirulina in the greens was discovered for its ability (contains lots of plant blood--chlorophyll) to get rid of heavy metals and other hard to get rid of chemicals. Again, you were taking 100+ chemicals with your tobacco.


http://astore.amazon.com/weightlossstr-2…

Whatever you do, don-t start again. I quit on Jan 2,2007 . I still have craving sometimes but I get through it. And I gained about 9 pounds but thats ok because I know I-m healthier for it. Think of it this way, your one step closer to feeling great smoke free, if you smoke you-ll be throwing all your hard work away. Hang in there, it-s really tough but look how far you have come. Be proud....not everyone can do it. If you can reach this goal you can move on to a bigger and better one. Congrats. Ps I smoked for 11 years so I-m with ya
Takes your body time to readjust to being poisoned.
Quitting smoking SUCKS!!! Believe me, I went cold turkey about fifteen years ago and for the first six months I was the most irritable b@$tard on the planet. And that bit about being able to breathe better isn-t true until you do aerobic exercise on a regular basis for a few months and cough out all that junk that has accumulated in your lungs. If you want to feel better, try eating a more balanced diet, taking vitamins, and getting more exercise. You-ll probably feel worse for the first few weeks, but it WILL get better if you stick with it. Good luck, and to quote my least-favorite former President -Ah feel yer pain!-
Try exercising a little. Don-t go out and try to run a marathon, but maybe just go out for a few walks during the week or something. I stopped smoking about 3 yrs ago, and just recently started exercising. I wished I had started doing that earlier.
no offense... but maybe your depressed... i picked up smoking because i was depressed it just seemed to make things better... maybe you should not stress or worry to much that also can cause depression ... but if you want to worry about something -Worry about the Moon falling down on you.- okay hope you the best
Why do I feel so horrible and I quit smoking? -