What was your greatest motivation to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, December 6, 2005

What was your greatest motivation to quit smoking? -


I quit after 20 years. Mine was:

My boy, 1.5 years old, stopped hugging me after I smoked, he hated the smell. So, one day (1 year ago), I quit cold turkey.
my kids...my son was getting asthma from my smoking, the doctor asked if we smoked and when I told him yes, but outside the house he told us that it didn-t matter because it was still on our clothes and bodies and it was making my son sick. I bought the nicotine patch and quit that day, 5 years ago...he hasn-t had asthma since
I realized it controlled me and I hate being controlled.
Well is it working? Whatever works best for you
The most easy and effective one is:

I dont HAVE to smoke.

Like you almost everybody smoking knows that cigs smell bad. Also you realize that you are hooked - you always -need- to have a pack and a lighter with you. And you always come accross people that mind smoking.

Simply become aware that -though smoking is somewhat comforting- you do not HAVE to smoke but can do it later and that life is easier if you dont have to smoke.
Avoid thinking along terms such as: -I may never smoke again- I will miss smoking- or -I have to stop-.

All these thoughts make smoking look like a reward thats being denied and it makes quitting worse.
Positive thinking makes everything easier, even quitting to smoke.
wow good job!!!
Being diagnosed with emphysemia and only having 75% to 80% lung capacity.
Couldn-t breathe
my girlfriend is pregnant with my baby.... Im 4 months clean so far!
My kids
I quit over 5 years ago during a bad case of bronchitis. I had set a quit date for about 6 months after that, but a friend asked, -Why not stop now?-

I was tired of smoking even when I was too sick to do anything else. I threw away all my cigarettes and haven-t smoked since.

My quit date is March 9, 2001.

Liz
My younger brother asked me to. And I hated trying to hide from my nieces and nephews, whom I refeused to see me smoking. I didn-t want to be a bad influence for them, they tend to do a lot of what Tia Ely does. So I quit. 3 years and running!
The doctor, my husband - a few other people told me you-ll never quit.
I was so mad that, that made me quit.
What was your greatest motivation to quit smoking? -