How will I act after I quit smoking? -

Thursday, July 27, 2006

How will I act after I quit smoking? -


I plan on quitting for my New Years resolution. How much of a bi*** will I turn into? hah.
After 30 years of suffering this vice I have mastered the quitting technique, I mean I give up each february and restart (because I do like smoking after all) at about end november. It-s been about 6 years now.
I find it makes me strong willed when I give up and can allow myself to enjoy smoking in the depth of winter when I sit indoors most of the time.

Anyway, in short.. when giving up be prepared to suffer all kind of pains for about a week, then it gets easier but for the whole month just be prepared to suffer, just see it as a transient month, then it-ll be over and you-ll be back to normal.
That-s about it.
Basically don-t see it like every minute you are suffering and everything is bleak and all those things that you get when you give up but just think that you have to suffer that one month and that is it.
It does get easier as the days pass by.
I am doing this with fasting now, but that-s another story.
Good luck and if/when you fail, NEVER feel weak: it-s rather NEVER MIND, but never give up the giving up, eventually you-ll get the hang of it. Id does help me A LOT when I know that in 9 months it-ll go back to smoking stage but I also have fun getting into no smoking stage as I associate it with swimming, cycling, dieting, generally cleaning up -house-.
good luck.
hey thanks! :) it is now the 5th, hope you are still holding on! Just think that you need to get fit for those summer swims at the beach :)


Report Abuse



I just quit for the second time about a month ago. The first time I quit for 2 years. You won-t act any different after the initial bad times that only last a few days. I didn-t have so-called physical withdrawls, just major cravings. When you have the craving don-t give in just, tell yourself it will go away in ten minutes or less and it will. After quitting you will quickly feel better physically. You don-t notice it so much because you get a little healthier every day. If you start up again you will definatly notice your health getting bad fast.
everyone reacts differently , i quit on 15TH July-08 i used patches for 2 weeks and that was it .. i found it easy to quit after 43 years but i was a light smoker 8-9 per day , roll-your-own , have had the occasional craving . as i am 68years of age my body wont completely recover but you are probably young , good luck and hope you succeed
It will be very rough for a few months after. I highly suggest trying gum or patches to help you slowly wean off and make it less of a pain for you and your family and friends. It could help take the edge off and you are more likely to stick with it rather than if you try to quit smoking cold turkey.
Well, it-s great my dad quit, cancer free! Unlike three of my grandmas and 3 of my great aunts, quit before it-s to late. You just gotta do sorta what the person below said, change into the habbit of something else. My dad did a bad change, but it-s way more great then cigs, he placed his urge to smoke into pizza, soda, pizza, soda, bread, pizza, soda. Lol, it-s not that good, but it-s a hell of a lot better then cigs... Correct?
It is hard to quit. I watched my mom go through it and it is a long process. But if you are willing to give it up than do it. You will be pretty irritable, but after the whole process is done, you will feel so much happier and healthier. Quitting can also cause depression sometimes, so keep your chin up and keep pushing toward the goal. Good luck. :)
loll my grandma is 79 she quit smoking like in her 30-s she still has dreams that she picked up a cig and she still craves them

but it really depends on who you are i say u will be extremely pissed off and irritable for a few weeks and it will start to ease down...

goodluck and happy holidays
you will be very fidgety and irritable, i think it effects everyone differently but just explain to your friends that you might get a bit moody but its because you are quitting smokin, they will unserstand but you get better and better
good luck i hope you stick at it xxx
you-ll only be a ***** for a couple of days then you-ll feel better then before (breath better, more energy, taste better)
why wait until new year, if you quit now, you-ll feel better by the new year
No time like the present
It depends on the person. They do other things to keep their minds of of smoking. At my first ever job, one of my managers used to be on drugs really bad and also smoked cigs and all she would do is eat candy everyday all day to ease her fit that she was having.
Pretty big. Use the patch or gum for best results.

After you have quit for about 6 months, things will start to become normal, except for complaining about other smokers. YOu will be worse than people who never smoked at all.
my dad quit smoking, what he did is he quit cold turkey he said its the best way, if you do quit a good way to fight the urge off is to chew gum, a lot, he says it keeps his mind off the craving
Keep your mind off smoking . Try doing something regularly to distract you.

Examples.... sweets , chocolates , chips or any other thing you can get to munch on.
You probably will be irritable, but it won-t last and it-s a small price to pay for kicking the habit.

Best of luck to you!
yours strong will power make it easy and after quit use chew gum or chocolates so it do them
the same just not dependable on cigarettes and maybe more happy and proud for quitting ; )
It-s going to be hard. dont- asume you will just be able to -quit-. you will be cranky and irritable. but dont- go back!
Withdrawal symptom-s- U will probably take up more eating now, than ever before. It-s always like that.
after u Quit u will have to be doing some thing all the time like scratching ur face alot
different only for a few days
chew gum.
you will be o.k its not like your a crackhead
How will I act after I quit smoking? -