I want to quit smoking marijuana. Any advice on stopping the weed addiction? ? -

Saturday, July 8, 2006

I want to quit smoking marijuana. Any advice on stopping the weed addiction? ? -


Does anyone know a good solution to do this once and for all?
Marijuana has been a growing problem in my life, but I know I need to get away from this drug.
one thing that does help is keep it away from you. Hang out with people thats do not smoke marijuana. Tell some one close to you to not let you smoke it. You can also punish your self. For instance, if you smoke tonight then you wont allow you self to go out for the next 3 nights. If worse comes to worse seek help from lake view health or Recover Connection.

They say the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem and seek advice. so far your doing great keep it up.
Yeah, I just wanted to respond to Joshua H.

Switching to smoking cigarettes would actually be WORSE for you. Don-t suggest that to people.


Report Abuse



Marijuana itself isn-t an addicting substance, I believe it-s the feeling it brings on that-s addicting. If you smoke pot and like the feeling, when you come down from your high you-re going to miss that feeling of being carefree and happy. If you find yourself needing to fulfill that feeling, that-s when it becomes addicting. I believe anyone with a drug or alcohol addiction has some sort of emptiness in their life. When they notice they have that sort of hole, they try and fill it with drugs, which usually leaves them worse off than before.

I suggest you do some soul searching. Try and find what truly makes you happy in life. Try and find something you really enjoy and brings you that natural high. If possible, let close ones know about your problem, in hopes they will support you in kicking the habit. Most importantly, try and find things to do to keep you occupied so you aren-t just sitting around.

Keep a strong mental state of mind. You don-t run on marijuana, you don-t need marijuana to function. You yourself do not need marijuana.

Good luck ! :)
i wonder how many respondants here have actually gone through trying to quit weed. denying its addictive properties does not make the desire to smoke go away. alot of weed addicts have a deep emotional need for the anesthesia that ganj provides. when you quit, your nerves are raw, negative emotions and stress become nearly overwhelming, many who try to quit experience panic attacks and depression. you need support and tools to deal with the spiritual and emotional crap thats going to hit you. NA (narcotics anonymous) is a good place to seek support. everybody there has been in the place you are in. got to
na.org to find a meetings link.


Hi there. I think we need to start with addressing the issue lingering in your mind of whether or not you CAN quit.

Reassure yourself with the truth that many people have quit smoking marijuana and other drugs and have never looked back. Others have gone back and forth, yet eventually quit for good. If you WANT to quit, that is a start, but you must push yourself to stay in the right direction, regardless of any slip-ups.

You may want to check out the testimonials at the upcoming blog:
http://efyt.com/quit_marijuana

Drug use is not a physical addiction. The body-s innate intelligence will not allow itself to become addicted to toxic substances. The addiction is the craving for reproducing the original shift in perception that the first experiences of drug use seemd to produce. This craving can never be satisfied, but knowing that the addiction is not physical and desiring the best for yourself can help you conquer the bad habits.

You should greatly increase the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables you eat.

Try having a meal of bananas and celery, or oranges and lettuce. You can even blend these foods and drink the smoothie in order to kickstart your improved lifestyle. And remember, eating MORE fruits and vegetables means we obviously are eating LESS of the bad things, as there is only so much we can eat in a day. More good food, less bad junk.

Correct eating will help your body become more alkaline and thus will no longer feel the cravings for mind altering substances. You will have a natural high which can not be improved upon by allowing foreign substances into the body.

I read an account of one lady who had smoked pot for years, and after she quit, she was amazed at how much more vibrant and energetic life was for her.

She even commented how much more she enjoyed listening to music, which surprised her, as she thought she needed pot to feel even close to that enjoyment before.

So do yourself a favor and get healthy, which includes no drugs. Sunlight, fresh air, clean water, raw plant foods : these are ingredients to healthy living which provides the vibrance we all want.

When you have been away from the drug for awhile, you will want to make it easy on yourself by avoiding temptation to start back up again. This includes not hanging around friends who smoke marijuana while they indulge in it.

You will want to avoid these situations while you get your life back on track, and to tell you the truth, even when you feel you have a strong resolve against smoking, you will need to avoid being around smokers throughout your life, as you probably have a weakness towards this particular habit from your past use. It-s best to forget that it-s even available once you are over the hump.

Now go forth, employ this advice EACH day, and watch yourself transform like you haven-t even imagined!
That depends on you. If you-re not addicted, it-s fairly easy -- just throw everything away and stop, don-t hang out with pothead friends. Despite what some others are saying, it is addictive for 15% of the population, and unlike tobacco, there are no magic drugs. Those who are addicted can have a terrible time and I don-t know any magic cure save switching to cigarettes, which is just shifting to a new if lesser problem. Joining a support group may help.

I wish some of the kids who say -I-m going to try pot next Tuesday, are there any downsides?- could read this post, and others like it.
Well you need to start choosing who and at what times you are hanging out with people if they are smoking weed you need to avoid the times that they want to smoke . . . . And if its just you maybe you should think about getting help? Or you could take up a new hobby join a martial arts class or a gym or something along those lines . . . But yeah if its your friends maybe you should think of taking a break from bad influences for a little while
Therapy and looking for medical help is bullshit. You don-t need rehab - were not talking about meth here folks.
When i wanted to stop smoking pot, i did it in this order:
Talk to your friends (all of them, including ones you smoke pot with) and ask that they dont try and pressure you into doing it, or around you, or talk about it. Your peers have the biggest effect on smoking weed.
I got rid of all my weed, pipe, bong, papers, etc. Anything to do with smoking weed.
I did stuff that kept my mind off of weed - like video games, sober friends, tv, movies, etc.
It isn-t that hard to quit. being physically addictive is rare - it is more mentally.
Keep your mind off it.
Unfortunately there are those that want to say -just quit-. Or -move away-. Or my favorite is that it is not a REAL addiction. And I am sure they will give me thumbs down. But addiction is addiction. And it really doesn-t matter what the scientific theory behind it is. For me, I looked forever for a theory to explain my addiction to pot. And every time I found something, I tried to use it as a loophole to do it again. Addicts are usually smart stubborn people who think they know or can learn about everything. They try to avoid and outsmart the disease. They don-t want to listen to what they really have to do, because what really needs to be done is to go deep into your closet of resentment, anger and trust issues. To find out why you don-t feel good enough. This is a process. But the alternative can be fatal. My addiction drove me to meetings, but I only wanted to do what I wanted in the meetings, so I soon found myself doing it again, and again, and again. I lost my wife and my family. I have seen others loose everything, yes including their lives. Try and tell them that this is not a real addiction. It is an epidemic. Addiction strikes some of us and I was always upset that I couldn-t be like my other friends and just enjoy it. I tried to curb it. Do it only on weekends. Only when I was around those people. But in those dark lonley times I found myself hiding it. Continuing to use. It got worse and worse. My advice is to find a meeting. Either MA or another 12 step group that you can find a fellowship of others going through the same thing. This is difficult because none of us want to admit we are powerless over anything. But I have seen such wonderful things come into my life as a result of this type of fellowship and I find myself truly blessed that I have the opportunity to continue to help others. To be a listening ear and to truly find that one of my callings in life is to help others with this disease. If you are questioning weather you are an addict or not then you may have already answered the question. I questioned for a long, long time. I don-t anymore. Although my friends seem to be able to do it an have fun, I can-t. I can not do what others do. I am an addict. I have to ask God each and everyday for the strength to get through. But the funny thing is that as soon as I started to apply myself to the program. As soon as I gave up the control issues, and started to help others, that obsession slowly disapeared and was replaced by a wonderful thankful feeling.

God Bless
just stop. It-s not that hard really unless your weed was laced with crack cocaine or something it shouldn-t be that hard.

Be strong, it-s in your mind there is only very minor physical addiction, the only way to get addicted is if your weak. You have to change your outlook at it. Just remember you don-t need/like it anymore.
Jasper, Smoking addiction can harm your health. Many people have lost jobs, family, and loved ones simply because they could not tame thier smoking habit. I suggest you seek some help. I found a site that has addiction information and a list of addiction treatment centers so you can help.
http://www.addictionselfhelp.com


Live strong
move away from ur dealers, i know ppl say you can get on anywhere, but moving away seriously helps. if this isn-t possible then cut out all the people around you who smoke and dont contact your dealers at all. tell them you want to be cut off, ( seriously, it works) find some new friends and find something to occupy your time, running really works when your pissed off and hanging out. try talking to someone about it you feel comfortable around, and take it one day a a time. good luck
quitting is easy since there are no physical withdraws. The easiest and best way to do it is to smoke or sell the last of what you have and don-t buy any more. Also, it helps if you don-t hang around people that smoke because that may make you want to take a hit.

Don-t waste your money on rehab (which is very expensive)... this is absolutely 100% possible on your own. All it takes is a little will power.
Quit hanging out with pot heads!
Pot is not addictive, I have smoked on and off for more than thirty years, I have had to stop at various times for jobs(drug tests) or for a girlfriend.
But I would not have stopped if I hung out with people who were smoking it. Pot rules!
I move out to a small town in indiana from florida and i can,t find any drugs here in this town ? it,s been 3 years now i,m clean as a whistle, thank god ! it works for me ? now i,m happy that i move out of florida ?
Just tell yourself that if you want to be dead early, keep doing it, and if you want to live long, with a healthy life style then you should quit.
wtf u must have weak will power cuz my friend who had been smoking for 20 years quit just like that cuz he having a kid plus his wife said so lol
First off you might want to go to therapy or a twelve step program. Try exercising and eating healthy foods. Good luck and I hope you achieve your goals.
the best way of quitting marijuana is to stop doing it; thats it no strings attached, u might be a little grumpy for a while but hey at least u dont gotta worry about the munchies anymore
To know more about



drugaddiction



Please feel free to visit http://learnmoreon.com/drugaddiction/

Try chewing sunflower seeds or beef jerky, that helps.
Replace it with something else. Drink some tea and go exercise.
Get away from it all. Try to not think of it. Make up another habit of yours that doesnt cause some health problems.
I want to quit smoking marijuana. Any advice on stopping the weed addiction? ? -