I quit smoking cigarettes and I want to know if the following is true...? -

Monday, July 3, 2006

I quit smoking cigarettes and I want to know if the following is true...? -


Is it really true that your metabolism changes so much when you quit smoking that you gain weight even if you aren-t eating any more than you were before and nothing else in your lifestyle has changed except that you no longer smoke?
Yes it is definitely true. When you were smoking your heart rate increased therefore pumping oxygen at a faster rate. This also affected your metabolism in the fact that your metabolic rate was increased each time you smoked a cigarette. Plus, strenuous activities caused you to breath heavier also increasing the rate. No matter what you do - don-t start smoking again. Just watch what you eat and exercise. That is the only way to lose that quit smoking weight gain. Good Luck!
No. Nicotine is an appetite suppressant, you-ll eat more and not even know it because you-ll feel hungrier now.
I believe it is more of a craving thing most people eat more when they quit smoking
I was told that smoking interferes with your body-s ability to absorb nutrition and vitamins. When you stop, if that process reverts to normal (ie, it wasn-t permanently damaged), you might gain some more weight even if your calory intake is still the same.

I would bet, however, that the major reason for weight gain is that people are eating more. They still want something to do with their hands, and eating is a ready substitute.
Don-t know if that is true. Do know that when I quit I gained weight. I think it was because the food taste better and I ate more to fill in for the smoking after I quit. I have lost weight since then. Went up to 213 # down to 187# now.
Well first of all congrats!! Smoking kills your appetite.. Now since u have quit smoking it has improved your appetite due to which you may put on weight. But it is still much better than smoking. You can always get back to shape with regular exercise. all the best. I-m sure you will overcome that as well..
Your metabolism dramatically changes. Cigerettes and nicotine act as a appetite suppresent. you will naturally get an increased appetite, but you can modify it by eating smart. Also drink alot of water to flush out your system. Other changes include improved circulation, better breathing, shinier hair and beautiful complexion. Go for it and stay strong.
You gain weight because you eat more, but, there is a new drug on the market called -Chantix- it helps you quit smoking my blocking the receptors in your brain that nicotine stimulates therefor there are no cravings and replacing food for smoking. I-ll email you if you want and let you know how it works. You need a prescription for it and it costs about $120.00 for the starters pack and a months supply. If it works it-s well worth it.
yes, but if you work it there shold be no problem and working out helps the metabolism, trust me i know i quit smoking and i gained a little bit of wieght but i have lost it and kept it off just dont binge when you want a smoke
I quit smoking cigarettes and I want to know if the following is true...? -