How do i help my boyfriend quit smoking? -

Friday, September 8, 2006

How do i help my boyfriend quit smoking? -


my boyfriend wants to quit smoking, he doesnt smoke much (1-3 times daily) and has been smoking off and on for about three years. He says that he smokes after a long day or when hes bored and starts thinking about it. He knows that I don-t like it when he smokes and his pack of cigarettes is in my posession so he has to ask me when he wants one, and i feel bad saying no... do you have any ideas to help?
find an area you need to improve on and work on that, and it will help you stop fucusing on him
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.
See if you can get him to read this book: -Alan Carr-s Easy Way To Stop Smoking-. Most of the book concerns dispelling the seductive myths surrounding smoking which are the main cause of why smokers keep smoking. Such myths as it eases boredom, or relieves stress, or helps concentration. It has helped millions of smokers quit their habit with minimal withdrawal and no willpower needed. Simply a change in how they perceive their addiction. And its done in a rational, factual way.

Good luck.
Because he is worth it
Sometimes it helps to use the programs on the internet, such as why quit.com or american cancer society. He will be able to talk to other addicts going through it and have lessons on the awful addiction it is and how to break it. Three can be more difficult than a pack so they say. Basically he needs to be responible for his addiction you need not to co enable him by taking control of his problem. Its his addiction he choose it he must end it. When he goes to one of the programs and succeeds on his own, then rewards are great, I got a backrub after two weeks from my friend.
How do i help my boyfriend quit smoking? -