I quit smoking but dream about it every night? -

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I quit smoking but dream about it every night? -


I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and this past week I-ve dreamt about cigarettes every night. Just wondering if any other previous smokers had this happen. It makes me want to smoke when I wake up.
I-ve never understood the attraction of smoking. There-s so much that people KNOW is negative about it before they even start, so why do they?
I quit 25 days ago and have still dreamed about it twice. Not a fun dream, but its just a dream. I hope you are still quit.


Report Abuse



pick up sunflowers seeds and start eating them soon the salt will make u forget mabye .........
good luck. it-s very hard in the beginning and especially at the regular times you used to smoke, but it will get easier.
Congratulations on quitting. It is one of the hardest things a person can do. Dreaming of smoking is totally normal when you quit smoking. You may even find that years later you still have an occasional smoking dream and you wake up feeling guilty like you really did smoke. For more information on quitting smoking go to quitsmoking.com
i think you should give you some more time to quit it. i mean you can help yourself in quiting it by using some medicines that would help you in this way- when you will take these medicines continuously , after some time youwould not feel the need to smoke . ask your doctor for this but this is not an allopathic treatment this is indian homeopathic medicine.believe me, it will work all the best.
TRUST ME COMING FROM A SMOKERS IVE QUIT MANY TIMES. THE MAIN THING IS HOW QUIT. IF YOU QUIT USING THE PATCHES OR QUIT COLD TURKEY THAT ISNT ENOUGH. YOU HAVENT GOT RID OF THE FIXATION. YOU COULD TRY THE NICOTINE INHALER. IT IS VARY EFFECTIVE AND YOU DONT GAIN ANY WEIGHT NEITHER BECAUSE YOU ARE CURING THE MOUTH FIXATION. TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW.
The dreams will eventually stop. If you are having a hard time riding out the cravings, you should try the Commit lozenge (there-s also a generic brand of it at Wal-greens that is much cheaper). It helped me when I quit, and definitely cut back on the urge to start back up.
i quit to n sometimes feel like smokin but i promised my self won-t until one year...n i m true to my word so...but should hav promised i never would smoke...
I quit over a year ago and i still have that from time to time. Stay strong.
Congrats on the 3 weeks!

I had dreams when I quit.

Your sub conscious is trying every which way it can to get you to go back. Don-t do it. I-m sure you-ve had the -just one won-t hurt, then I can quit again- discussion with yourself. Don-t listen to that one either. The fallacy in that argument is that if you went back, you didn-t quit.

The dreams will stop when your body gets used to the fact that you-ve quit and you no longer crave the nicotine. It-s been 20 years and I don-t remember when that happened with me. I made up this phrase I would say every once in a while - -hours turn into days, days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, months turn into years-. That got me thru some tough days. Lighting one up would erase the progress I-d made - this got more important as the time grew.

Good luck! It gets easier as the time increases.
I-ve dreamed about it a few times, but now when I smoke again, it just makes me feel worse. I think a big part is getting past a month. Then if you-re going to go back, smoke 1 swisher sweet.

It-ll make you feel horrible.
it just your body getting used to not smoking, you dream usually of things that happen in your life and your body knows you-ve quit smoking therefore you will dream of it. dont let the dreams get the better of you,maybe before you go to sleep your thinking of smoking, instead try and think of different things other than that, this might help you stop dreaming of it. Well done for quiting and keep the good work up.
I quit smoking but dream about it every night? -