I recently(2 weeks ago) quit smoking sort of by accident, we were on vacation and my 11 year old son spilled? -

Sunday, October 1, 2006

I recently(2 weeks ago) quit smoking sort of by accident, we were on vacation and my 11 year old son spilled? -


water on them accidently and I decided at that point i-m done, can do without. i was never a heavy smoker-4 or 5 a day for 15 years. but my question is i am always hungry now, any tips for ex-smokers on how to combat this? Don-t get my wrong I am more than willing to gain weight to have a longer healthier life just would like some tips. thanks
Some ppl start putting toothpicks in there mouth and them some start eating peanuts then they gain weight...
yes its common for newly quit people.. to put on a few -newly quit pounds-.. there are subtle changes to your metabolism, as now food simply tastes better.. in time the weigh goes away.. unless one is morbidly obese the risk of a few pounds is much less than continues smoking..

congrats on the quit however it was achieved..these is simply no wrong way to quit..


Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
I-ve never understood this...

Does being hungry mean you HAVE to eat? No.
I want a cigarette right now and I-m NOT going to go smoke one.
I want to open those Doritos but I-m not going to do that either.

If you can resist the urge to smoke, you can resist the urge to eat a bag of potato chips. You can do it!
I recently(2 weeks ago) quit smoking sort of by accident, we were on vacation and my 11 year old son spilled? -