Trying to quit smoking - I am on my third week of Champix and went no smoking just yesterday. All ready today? -

Friday, October 13, 2006

Trying to quit smoking - I am on my third week of Champix and went no smoking just yesterday. All ready today? -


I had 3 cigs. as i was so anxious and upset. it is like I have become depressed almost overnight. Am I going to be a total failure, and advise i would appreiciate. I dont want to have a smoke here and a smoke there cause I dont I wont quite.
How long will these anxious feelings last? And has anyone else felt this way?
What is Champix? I smoked for 5 years and it-s been 6 years since I quit. The anxious feelings will go on and off for about 2 months. It just takes time that-s all, you-ll be OK very soon.

Some suggestions though. I would start taking care of yourself very well by eating good and getting fresh air. I suggest the blood type diet. Lots of fresh raw vegetables. The better you take care of yourself the easier it is going to be.
Good luck with the Chantix.I know numerous people who were successful at quiting using the drug.Be strong.........you can do it.
You are only a failure if you never try.When you feel anxious,take a little walk and enjoy all the smells of spring:)Take all the money you would have spent on cigarettes and put it into a savings account and then take a nice little vacation or by a new wardrobe.Best of Luck:)
Trying to quit smoking - I am on my third week of Champix and went no smoking just yesterday. All ready today? -