What did you find helped you to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What did you find helped you to quit smoking? -


Nicotine gum, patches work okay. I usually wore the patch on my hip/cheek area. It always came loose by the end of day on my arm. I read on here the other day that the foot was actually a good place, too. Haven-t tried that.

You really have to be committed mentally for any of them to work, I think. The third day is always the hardest for me to quit, so be prepared and don-t buy any cigs or have any temptation around. I wish you the best.
Champix. By prescription I found it the thing that worked for me. You still will have to WANT to give up though. Nothing will work if you dont try your hardest. Remember also...when you give up smoking you are -giving up- nothing. It is not worth doing..but you have heard all of that before. When you stop call yourself a -smoker that chooses not to smoke- that way you wont be tempted to just -have one- and be back on the trail again. Good luck x
I took a carton of cigarettes and smoked them one after the other. If you-re a heavy smoker do 2 cartons. If you vomit, keep on smoking. I did it late at night. Next morning I woke up and had to clean the house. I couldn-t stand the smell of cigarettes for 10 years. I still don-t like the smell. I-ve never smoked since.
brush your teeth whenever you want a smoke.

it-s another hand to mouth habit that substitutes the smoking...it actually helped
I quit smoking in US Army Basic Training. It wasn-t that hard because I was very busy being yelled at and made to do pushups.
The three day rule if you don-t smoke for 3 days then you-ll be fine
never start in the first place....but my bf used that patch thing and it helped
never quit quitting.
Pleasing Jehovah God by not wanting to smoke anymore. I used no cessation aids just will alone.
I figured it would be the fastest way to beating the addiction.
chew gum everyday
drink Espresso when i fell like smoking
got sick....quit smoking.....havent gone back...chew gum, get in shape, run
What did you find helped you to quit smoking? -