Whats the most successfull method to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Whats the most successfull method to quit smoking? -


Cold turkey is impossible.. gum tastes horrible - patches don-t do much.....
My husband and I smoked since we were in our teens (16 years old). More on than off I-m afraid. At age 45 we finally kicked the habit in the most unusual way. We bought a new home, the new carpet, paint, and fresh wood smelled so good and clean. We both made a house rule before we moved in, to not smoke in the house. It worked quit well smoking out side during the summer and fall, then came winter and the snow with it. We found our selves outside less and less. Before winter was over we had lost our craving for cigarettes! We-re both 64 now, we haven-t touched a cigarette since then! We learned from past experience that once you quit and start again a short time later, it is harder to quit the next time around. so we simply didn-t try even one little drag as we had in the past when we would quit for only a couple of weeks. You really have to get it out of your system good to lose the craving. Then never ever go back.
I know two people who had Acupuncture. It worked for one but not the other.
Jumping off a very tall building has a 100% success rate.
Zyban. Ive tried evrything else, zyban is by far the easiest and most effective.
the craving for a cig. only lasts 3 mins.
occupy yourself for that time and you should
find that it goes away.
do this each time you feel the need for a cig.

good luck.
try to decrease the number each day!!!! thats the best way and it helped many of my relatives to quit.
CHANTIX works GREAT!!!

Good luck its not easy but u have to wanta quit too
cold turkey and will power! it doesn-t matter what method you use to stop you will need willpower to stay stopped. i went cold turkey two years ago and even now its only my will power that stops me from starting smoking again. i still get cravings now! when i do i remember back to when i had just stopped and how bad it was feeling like that all the time and think to myself how horrible it would be to have to do that again!
Don`t start in the first place.
my hubby had my support also from his son and he had plenty of will power but before then he saw my mother lying on her death bed it scared him has she was dying ,my mother was only 59 and died of cancer in the throat and lungs, and she only smoked 10 fags per day
If you find out let me know.
Take a 2week vacation to a place that you can-t smoke and you won-t be around smokers. By the time you get back you won-t even miss them. That-s what I did and I have never looked back and it-s been over 20yrs.
Whats the most successfull method to quit smoking? -