Please ex smokers and smokers only. Is anybody quitting smoking or already quit? -

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Please ex smokers and smokers only. Is anybody quitting smoking or already quit? -


Is it just me or does quitting smoking seem like drastically changing your personality. I-m not sure why it-s like I-m not as rebellious anymore like I-m caving in to the status quo. I know smoking is bad for me and only makes another big corporation rich. But somehow it-s like I-m leaving a cool club or something ridiculous like that. Also what do I do when I-m driving or playing video games those are the two times when I really enjoy smoking (and the bad part is I-m a truck driver so I drive allot and sometimes use cigarettes to stay awake for something to do) Dont get me wrong I-ve quit before for 6 months starting out with the patch so I know how to quit I just feel like I-m saying goodbye to a part of myself.
you-re right.
it is a lifestyle, especially at bars, and, yeah, driving.

it was hard to know that I wouldn-t be able to wander off for my little breaks at work.
and what would i do after i ate?

but now, my clothes don-t smell like ***, there aren-t ashes all over my car, I eat a piece of candy after I eat, and i realize that the -cool- people are reall all just a bunch of turds. and there-s nothing that says I can-t still wander outside at bars or at work (to talk to the turds :))
to a certain extent. no more a part of the outcasts as I refer to it. healthier obviously but something about it, like you, playing games or when taking a dump or something. hard but in the end it-s for the better.
Yeah- I know what you mean. It was really hard for me to quit. I liked to smoke while driving and also when I drink beer (which is often during football season). Good luck to you- if you really want to quit I hope you are successful without being too hard on yourself (about saying goodbye to a part of yourself).
Holy crap -- I-ve been smokeless for three whole days and I hate myself. Can-t stand me. I-m screaming at everyone (including my boss), and can-t sit still. And I want to jump out of my skin. I-m afraid of me. And currently hate my husband, even though I love him like crazy.

In fact yesterday, I painted 20 8-x10- pieces of paper different colors (to use as backgrounds for art projects I will never finish), simply because I needed to occupy my hands.

Smoking was my ME time. My relaxing time. I miss it when I drive, when I want to think, when I have a glass of wine or beer. I have SO lost a part of me. I figure, what other bad habit can I start up in order to fix my LOSS. So, tomorrow I-m going to try walking -- fast. I-ll let you know if I find myself. My guess is not.

And tell me, why don-t those who love me CARE??????!!!!!!!!!!! I-m going crazy for a cigarette and they think I-m insane for acting like a lunatic. Hmmm. . . . that-s kind of funny. I-m trying really hard. The least they can do is understand that this is the hardest thing in the world right now and be nice to me and understanding.

I-m usually a very sane and wonderful person. How come this is driving me crazy??????

Okay, I-m done writing now. I guess it-s better than smoking. And tomorrow, I promise I-ll try to behave better!!!!!!!!
Ciggerettes are an addiction, and in my oppinion is almsot as bad as heroin. I quit once, was hard as hell to do, but i started up again, and shortly after i was just as bad off.

Anyways the chemical addiction makes your body and mind feel diffrently about it, same as herion addicts. Stick with quitting, your cooler not smoking then smoking. Would you rather be able to run and play sports in 5 years, or be sitting there losing your hair cause your short of breath?
I-m planning on quitting tomorrow. I have -quit- many times in 34 years of smoking. I become a bear when I stop. I warn people as to what I-m going to be like.

After that, they-re on their own.
Please ex smokers and smokers only. Is anybody quitting smoking or already quit? -