Has anyone in here quit smoking with the medication called Chantix? -

Monday, January 4, 2010

Has anyone in here quit smoking with the medication called Chantix? -


I took it for six months, which is the maximum. By then my habit was almost but not quite gone, and I was able to go the extra mile on my own.

I had some nausea like the other poster, but it wasn-t bad enough so that I couldn-t use it. Also vivid dreams. It can have some weird side effects in some people, seems to vary widely. Some of those are probably the effects of nicotine withdrawal since it-s blocking our nicotine receptors.

Overall, it seems to be the most effective drug out there, and I-d recommend it highly with the the proviso that you may not be able to tolerate it. If after taking it you find yourself depressed or thinking about suicide, stop immediately and call your doctor!
My father and step mother have been taking it for about three weeks now, and are doing great on it. Part of the treatment is that almost always the smell or smoking of a cigarette will make you sick on your stomach. But you do have to stay on it for the time it tells it to.
Here is a great website
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/colitis/index.htm
I tried that stuff a while back. It gave me massive headaches. My sister also tried it just last month and it made her so sick to her stomach that she had to stop taking it, too. Needless to say, neither one of us had an ounce of success with it.
Has anyone in here quit smoking with the medication called Chantix? -