Quit Smoking? -

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quit Smoking? -


I need help quitting smoking.I have had a spinal fusion surgery done 1 year ago,and because I smoke it is not fusing the way it should.WHY I SMOKE?I do because I have nothing else,I havent worked in 2 years because of my injury.I have limitations.I dont have much for cash to pay for help,being on Workers Comp.,doesnt pay me crap.Just enough for my bill-s and cigs.The money I spend on cigs could be used for something else.
Most smokers, when you ask them, will claim that even though they smoke everyday, they really do want to quit smoking. However, the number one reason some smokers don-t quit is because deep down inside, they really do not want to quit at all. Nicotine is an addictive drug, simple as that. And the body, once introduced to high amounts of it over a period of time, can-t seem to function without it. Quitting smoking is hard, but the truth of the matter is that if you go 48 hours without a cigarette, the nicotine in your body is then gone. After the first 48 hours, if a smoker wants another cigarette, it is possibly for reasons other than a nicotine addiction. I have a blog that discusses more of what I have been writing about. If you feel like checking it out, I would completely suggest it.
http://smoking-break-the-habit.blogspot.com/
One of the most common reasons people give for not quitting smoking is that they have become comfortable with the feel of a cigarette in their hands. Some even say they just like to watch the smoke come out of their mouths. Lots of smokers go back to smoking because they had nothing to do with their hands. We are creatures of habit and this makes perfect sense. If all you just miss the touch of a cigarette, try and hold a real one. However, some find that simply handling a cigarette when trying to quit makes them want to smoke one. Eating regular meals to avoid getting hungry is also a good tip.
Greetngs. And Congrats on deciding to quit. I started a yahoo group when I quit (8 months now) with extensive files, links, news etc. that can answer ANY question you might have about smoking and quitting. Accurately. Feel free to have a look and ......Hang In There............R


http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sta…

See your doctor. There are number of smoking cessation aids available. Your doctor and you can decide which if any might help you.

Check out Quit Assist,
http://www.philipmorrisusa.com/en/quitas…
they have a wealth of information on quitting.

Join a support group. Yahoo has 3 groups for smoking cessation.

Good luck to you.
There is a free site called www.quit.net.com. They have many resources to help you!
If your spine is not fusing together is not motivation enough ,
I don-t know what is!
Only you can understand your reason for this addiction.I can-t help but feel you are depressed since you say you have nothing else. Really, you have the whole world, you just have to find it!
I truly wish you happiness AND health.
To quit the cancer sticks a Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking- can help you.
Quit Smoking? -