Who has recently quit smoking? What were some of the side effects? -

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Who has recently quit smoking? What were some of the side effects? -


More money due to not spending in on cigarettes.
Breath, hair, and clothes smell better.
Ability to walk a flight of stars, jog or even run.
Annoying phlegmy cough disappears.
Lower blood pressure.
Lower chance of heart disease.
I hadn-t smoked for a year. I got extreme stress one weekend and smoked a pack daily for 3 or 4 days. At first no prob except I felt like I was wasting my money on nothing. Then my throat swelled close and I couldn-t talk for 3 or 4 days and when I had to I sounded ready to die. I also felt a lot of pain. I felt the tormented need to smoke and when I did I felt like I was swallowing coals.

Haven-t smoked again for a couple weeks, my skin is dewey and nice, I have energy, less headaches, and I am in a better mood, having to face my moods without focusing on the cigarette.
I weened off cigs with Quest Cigarettes which helped a lot for me. I was irratable for weeks and had a few headaches.

Tried to consciously breathe when I got really stressed and wanted a cigarette desperately. That worked REALLY well for me.

Started to walk and workout which got a lot easier the longer I quit. I used gum, Twizzlers, and cinnamon sticks to curb my oral fixation.
I am quitting smoking cold turkey since 4-15 after over 30 years one pack a day of smoking. Here are some side effects or withdrawal symptoms that I have or had,

-Heart palpitations
-Few diarrhea
-Night sweats and mild insomnia
-Tingling/numbness in feet and legs
-Tight chest, dry mouth and few phlegm
-Anxiety...
i have been smoke-free for about 8 months now. Honestly after the first couple days, it was pretty easy(a little more irritable) although i did have craving at certain times, but it was more habit (IE driving home, after work, etc.) after about 3 weeks , i hit a point where the next week i was definetly craving them, and aftre that i was fine. hang tough!
After 48 hours of not smokeing your sense of tase and smell get imidiately better, you have more energy as your lungs function better.. your metabolism is increased as well... You lose the foul smoke odor, and you become less iratable.
Who has recently quit smoking? What were some of the side effects? -