I need a good gift idea for my mom, she just quit smoking! and joined weight watchers... any ideas? -

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I need a good gift idea for my mom, she just quit smoking! and joined weight watchers... any ideas? -


im really proud of her, but i am only a teenager, and only working a minimum wage job. i cant afford much. for christmas i want to get my mom something she can use, maybe something tieing into the weight watcher and her quitting smoking. (p.s shes lost 13 lbs :-D)
When I saw your question my first thought was: a new, flattering outfit! But I know that a whole outfit can be expensive, so maybe that-s not the best idea. Say -good job- from me! I-m so proud of all the healthy changes she-s been making! And you sound like you-re being such a supportive, loving daughter...bless you both!
get her a T-shirt for weight watchers,that will reflect the 13lbs that she has lost.(her size now) maybe you can get something printed on it.
To stop smoking: TARBLOCKS. My mom uses them and within a week I believe it was, we all noticed a big difference. Her breath smelt less like a rotten ashtray, she finds herself with more breath and isn-t worn out so easily as previously. TARBLOCKS usually run about $2 but they are seriously worth it.

To loose weight, Slimfast Optima. It-s helping me a lot.
sad to say this.. but i dont think she wud last the distnce... i am not pesimestic, but lots of pple barely make it thru 5months without the addiction re-0curing.
what i wud advice u is to stand by her when she starts failing.. b strong, supportive and yet VERY FIRM. take the cigarettes away, make her life uneasy if she eats too much, den smile n say u did it 4 her good.
a time comes wen we have to mother our own mothers.

buy her a simple gift...or a book.. wit pictures about the subject of struggles... something educative and relaxing
gift certificate for her fav clothing store, she-s gonna need new clothes, and dont forget to constantly congratulate her on the new decisions in her life as well as her new life becoming. It-s very important to keep it on track, your very lucky to have a mother so concerned with life!
I-m sure anything would be much appreciated, but you could get her something with an inspirational saying on it, and let her know how proud you are of her and it will help give her a boost when the going gets tough. Maybe a massage or something also would be nice. You can get a gift certificate for that, and they run about $30-$50. Or, get her a membership to the Y in your area. Maybe a dual one and you can work out with her! Good luck
how bout a subscription to a weight watchers / shape type of magazine. or any inspirational magazine - they have those great -real life stories- in them - about other women that have achieved great things like your mom. that might inspire her to keep it up! and you get good deals on mag subscriptions at this time of year.
My mom has been doing great also with losing weight. She said her main reward is to go shopping..so maybe a gift card to her favorite store will help. She can buy herself new clothes. Or try spa time for you and her together. My mom and I did that and it was wonderful.
I would say don-t get anything related to either of those things- let her know you-re happy for her, but that she-s not doing it for you. her success is her own and she will feel as if she has disappointed you if she gains the weight back and starts back smoking. k, sorry for the psych stuff... does she have a favorite perfume? a new purse is always fun, too
gym membership. especially around the holidays, health fitness clubs usually give a great deal on memberships.
buy her a nice hand bag.my daugther just bought me one and i love it.
I need a good gift idea for my mom, she just quit smoking! and joined weight watchers... any ideas? -