Has anyone tried NicRX, Chantix, or NicoCure in order to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Has anyone tried NicRX, Chantix, or NicoCure in order to quit smoking? -


I-m looking for something for my mother, she took Chantix for about 2 months and was doing pretty well on it but she did still have a few cigarrets each month....maybe 10-15/month. I know its not going to happen over night but she stopped taking it and now shes back to her regular 1-1.5 packs/week.... I was wondering if there was anything better out there than Chantix.
As a respiratory therapist I have been involved in smoking cessation for over 20 years. Different things work for different people. The main ingredient required is a sincere desire to quit. If Chantix was working for your mom and she quit using it, I have to conclude that she still wants to smoke, especially because it is safe to still smoke while on it. Unfortunately, there are no magic wands out there for this addiction, which has higher recidivism than heroin and crack combined. Have a heart to heart with your mom, let her know how you feel and encourage her to keep trying. Best of luck.
I-m so glad-she is lucky to have a daughter who cares so much.


Report Abuse



My wife quit easy with champiks and the use of a book that for the life of me i cant remember the name. I quit with just this book and nothing else. I chewed snuff for years, i was in grade 5 and i am now 39. i have been addiction free for 1 year 4 months. i just phoned my wife book is Allan Carr-s easy way to quit smoking. It explains how you were brainwashed to like smoking in the first place. I absolutely recommend trying this book. wish her the best
I have tried chantix and so have three of my employees and two aunts ....myself included have all quit smoking. Its expensive and you have to follow the plan but it can work. The real key is you the smoker being ready to quit. My driver quit after only one week on chantix ...I took a few weeks and my aunts both quit after two weeks . Most of us have now picked up a chewing gum habit but its better then smoking.
everyone i know tried chantix and have ALL failed. I believe its just a mind set. I smoked for years about a pack a day..when i got pregnant i just quit!! havent smoked for over 4 years. she will quit on her own if and when she is ready. but keep up the encouragement tell her you want her around for a long time!!
Has anyone tried NicRX, Chantix, or NicoCure in order to quit smoking? -