What is the best and painless way to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is the best and painless way to quit smoking? -


I tried every thing patches.... gums ... but nothing really ever works!!
You will face pain. Forget about it not being painful. I-ve never really believed in the patch since I don-t think you can combat cravings for nicotine with doses of nicotine except in EXTREME cases. Go cold turkey. That-s the best way possible. Get through withdrawal, and live a longer, healthier life! Just plan it out beforehand or see your doctor about it.
Best way to quit is cold turkey. It will behard. pick-up a new hobby to keep yourself occupied
Try Allan Carr-s -The Easy Way- book.

Most successful method I know.
Hi YA
If you have tried them and they didn-t help you, You will have to go with will power. Its not easy, i smoke and i know i shouldn-t say this (but if the doctor told me i will die tomorrow if i don-t give up) I would run to my nearest and buy 60 fags and get them all smoked for real. I just could not do it. But i wish you all the best in trying YA
Stop buying them. You cant smoke what you dont have.
I have-nt found a way yet,I suppose it boils down to will power but mine is -nt strong enough
Give up, who for you or the moaners who go on and on
about us smokers if you want to DO it and suffer or do as i do
puff away and DON`T do it.
The fact of the matter is, when you WANT to quit, you will.

I was a smoker for 15 years and -tried to quit- twice before I actually did. I tried gum the first time and patches the second. Both times I ended up smoking again with a couple of months. Absolutely pointless.

I know now that the reason it was pointless is because its not just a habit you-ve formed, its an addiction that is comparable physically to heroin. You are addicted to nicotine, whether you admit it or not. This is the first thing that you need to acknowledge to yourself...and I don-t just mean think it, I mean believe it. You have an addiction. At which point, when you truly believe it, you will instantly realise that topping up/replacing your addiction with another form of -hit- (eg gum/patches) is completely pointless. The only true way to rid yourself of it is to prove to yourself that you have the will power to go without.

This is the gods honest truth and its the only way you will quit and *stay off it forever*. To bring this home to you a bit more, I highly recommend a book that I read when I decided to quit. Its called Allen Carr-s Easy Way to Stop Smoking...and you can buy it on amazon:


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy…


It probably sounds like a load of hocus pocus, self help, hippy crap to you....because it certainly did to me....but a friend of mine who had quit, give me a copy that someone had given him and just told me to read it. You have to continue smoking whilst you read it and it tells you about the reason why you are addicted to the thing in your hand...its kind of a psychological deprogramming...it wouldn-t work without the cig in your hand. When you-ve finished the book, the last paragraph tells you to finish the last cigarette you will ever smoke and then you have quit.

It truly works, I-ve seen it work for a bunch of my friends which is the only reason I read it in the first place. Give it a go. I went from smoking 40 marlboro red a day to nothing. I was completely addicted and stopped immediately. I never even craved.
There-s a drug called Zyban...also known as Wellbutrin. It was originally marketed as an anti-depressant but it was found to have a positive effect on addictive cravings. You-ll need a prescription for it but it is widely used by the medical profession to help folks quit smoking.
In addition, you will need something to keep your hands busy. Nicorette make a product that resembles a cigarette and when you put it in your mouth and puff on it, it offers the same resistance a real cigarette does.
A dyed in the wool smoker needs 7-9 cigarettes to satisfy the cravings yet they smoke 20 - 30 cigarettes a day. That-s because the act of smoking is as addictive as the cigarette itself.

Try these and good luck with your project. It-s a hard habit to break.
dont its 2 hard+pointless as were breathin random toxic fumes evryday anyway
Just do as I did: Say -When I-ve finished these I-m not buying any more. Then finish them, and don-t. It sounds a bit harsh, But I did it that way, and without any of this -withdrawal symptoms- nonsense either! - AND I was on 100+ a day when I did it!
If this prat can do it, ANYBODY CAN !!!
where patches
Addiction is never painless to resolve. It takes determination and hard work. A supportive environment and finding other ways to spend the time you use to spend smoking. For instance most smokers smoke automatically after a meal, so go for a walk instead. Or you may smoke while having cocktails, then try snacking on nuts or popcorn.

If it were an easy addiction, then there would be far fewer smokers in the world.

Hang in there, if you can stay clean for 6 weeks you-ll feel like a new person and a lot of the craving will have disappeared.

It-s a -one day at a time- process..

Good luck....
there is no easy way you need to stop staight off and you need buckets of will power
The best way to quit is to never start in the first place. Since that didn-t work for you, I suggest you go cold turkey. Also, I would like to suggest you put all that money you save by not smoking into a hobby. I highly suggest you take up model railroading.
Hi,
To quit smoking, first you must have try many way what people tell you. Taking sweet, gums and etc.....
Well, i am a smoker too, like you now trying out in everything people said or visiting doctor for help. I can say is all bullshit.
My experience is my mind, whether your mind is set or not?
If you really want to stop you must first set your mind telling yourself to stop and throw the whole packet away. As for me, is because I have a chest-pain. Then go club with friends who are smoker also. Can-t take it and my backside itchy went to start smoking back again. Before you quit mind if I ask how long you been smoking? If for many many donkey year than you better consult a Doctor before you stop.
For my case, doctor advice me to smoke less, for the time being. And cut down slowly till I can total stop an end the whole thing..You can mail me and share : shellman8888@yahoo.com.sg
Challenge yourself. That-s what I did. Be determined to quit. Do not smoke for a day. If you have the urge, do something else to keep yourself (busy) from lighting up that cigarette and stay away from people who smoke. Then the next day, remind yourself that you didn-t smoke yesterday and say if I didn-t smoke yesterday why can-t I do it today. Preoccupy yourself. Do the sdame thing the following day. Just challenge yourself. The first 2-6 weeks will be hard (for me it is) that-s why you to stay away from people who smoke because everytime you smell it it will really smell verygood to you and will make you feel you want to try just a puff. Just take it one day at a time. The next thing you know you haven-t smoke in a long time and you might even hate the smell of cigarette. That-s what happened to me I hate the smell and it gives me headache (now) especially when I smell it on my clothes or hair.

Don-t give up trying. If this didn-t work for you try another way. Just don-t give up. If there-s a will there-s a way...
the best way to quit is never to start!
Try Chewing Gum.
Do you really want to quit? Have you listed all the advantages you can think of for quitting? Such as smelling better, food tasting better, health benefits long term, etc.? I-m sure you could add plenty of things to the list of advantages. Quit smoking because you want all of those things.
If you have been thinking about quitting because it does damage to you, those around you, cost mega bucks..... These and other things like these are true but you may be feeling coerced into quitting. Coercion has too much fall-out and it-s only a band-aid.
You may try acupuncture (from a reliable person), hypnosis, other products for helping you quit.
You should feel proud that you are working on this and even if you have tried many ways, you just found some that aren-t for you. Now you can rule those out and use other methods. Good luck, I-d like you to have a great quality of life.
throw them out the window - cold turkey is the best way to go
Ween yourself off it a bit at a time. Step by step. Thats what I did. Then get it down so that you only smoke when you-re at the pub, then cut down again. If you cut down one at a time, slowly, your body has time to adjust.

good luck!
i have been smoking for 6 yrs and one day i just decided to quit...i never tried the patches, gums, or anything...i quit cold turkey...try that it just might...and will power and determination to quit...when you get a nicotine craving put some gum or something in your mouth
Hmmm I-d been a smoker for 10 years and when I decided I needed to give up, I did just that. For some reason I never got cravings, or the bad sweating or aggitated. I never tried gum or patches so I would say the best thing to do would be to go cold turkey, because the faster the nicotine is out your body. the better. With patches and gum you-re just replacing fags with something else addictive.

This answer probably doesn-t help much, but give going cold turkey a try. It-ll be tough, but just keep saying to yourself it-ll be worth it. It can take up to a week for nicotine to leave your body, so detox with cranberry juice and lots of water and hopefully you shouldn-t crave too much... if at all.

hope that helps.
Do the gum and after the gum put a lolly pop in, it worked for men or go for a walk to burn off the energy if you can.
What is the best and painless way to quit smoking? -