If i quit smoking what are some of the withdrawal symptoms i may go through? -

Monday, July 19, 2010

If i quit smoking what are some of the withdrawal symptoms i may go through? -


You will have fresher breath, healthier gums, fewer facial wrinkles, better lungs and heart, reduced risk of cancer and more money. Can you handle those symptoms?
nervousness. jittery. still wanting a cigarette, maybe for years afterward. going outside and standing downwind of the smokers on the sidewalk ON PURPOSE!

I smoked for about 25 years. When I quit, I had all of these symptoms. Nevertheless, quitting was one of the very best things I ever did. I have not had a single drag off a cig. in years, and I feel much better for it.
You will always have the -need- to smoke. Even years from now. Immediate withdrawals are usually nausea and irritability.

I started smoking at a very young age, and after too many years, I finally quit cold turkey. It was when my PCP told me that I might not only have COPD, but had most of the early warning signs of emphysema. I had inhalers all over my house, car, office...

The first few days, I was a complete monster to be around. But, after that - things began to smell better. Food tasted better. I began to smell better. My teeth immediately started to whiten again.

I now can smell a person who is smoking 3 cars ahead of me. Or, walking down the street when I-m driving past. Even the people in front of me in line at the supermarket stink like smoke. It-s not a campfire smell - it-s a horrible, disgusting, nauseating smell that once you smell it, you-ll never want to stink like it again.

You won-t get chills. Or seisures. Or anything like drug withdrawals do. But, most of it is mentality. And if you truly want to quit, you-ll have the different mentality that smoking is bad, and smoking people stink.
Coughing (getting the crap out of your lungs), nervousness, anxiety, headaches...usually this stuff is mild and easy to get through, the hard part: the obsession
The common symptoms include an intense craving for nicotine, tension, irritability, headaches, difficulty in concentrating, drowsiness and trouble in sleeping, increased appetite and weight gain.

http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/withdr…


Withdrawal from nicotine has 2 parts – the physical and the psychological. The physical symptoms, while annoying, are not life threatening. Nicotine replacement can help reduce many of these physical symptoms. But most users find that the bigger challenge is the mental part of quitting.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/conten…

Initially, you might become agitated, irritable and emotional. This typically occurs as the nicotine is leaving your system. You will have cravings for a cigarette, so drinking lots of water is good...it helps to keep the cravings under control and keep you hydrated. You-ll also need to stock up on healthy snacks, as the urge to nibble to keep busy becomes quite strong.

You may find yourself more tired than usual, and suffer from minor headaches. All these symptoms start to lessen after a few days.

Quite often, when you-ve been successful, you have very strong cravings return around the 3 month mark. Be prepared for them and don-t give in.

GOOD LUCK!!!
If i quit smoking what are some of the withdrawal symptoms i may go through? -