I quit smoking cigarettes on April 7th of this year after 35 years of smoking, any one else quit? -

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I quit smoking cigarettes on April 7th of this year after 35 years of smoking, any one else quit? -


Anyone that has stopped smoking, can you share any experiences about withdrawl and how you are handling the urge to smoke?
There are a couple things you can do that will help you with withdrawal and the urge to smoke.

1. Work out alot, run eat healthy, don-t drink alcohol, cut down on coffee, for me all those things make me want to smoke, don-t watch movies with the main actors lighting up or x-files. Nor hang out with friends that smoke.

2. Withdrawal symptoms go away but we just have to remember to take a deep breath and not to punch that guy in the face because he-s taking too long at the register and it-s not his fault he-s a dumb ***. Just remember, it-s because we-ve been smoking for X number of years.

3. Also becareful when in stressful situations, you-ll definately want to light up. Death or breakups, or getting fired etc.

4. It all comes down to your personal choice, and giving in or being in control of your decision

5. Anthony robbins says to imagine how happy you are be healthy and living longer, your children etc. Instead of imagining how good that five minutes will be after lighting up because that doesnt last.

6. Or just look at this link:


http://whyquit.com/whyquit/BryanLeeCurti…

Wow...a big big big congratulations to you! Im impressed!


Report Abuse



good for you! I wish I could also
noone likes a quitter
i quit 3 months ago after almost 30 years it is very hard but if you want to do it you can you have to keep your self busy when you think about smoking you have to quickly put your mind on something else just keep it in your head that you dont want smoke anymore you really need alot of willpower iwas smoking almost 3packs a day and iquit with no medication you need willpower and support of your family and friends
I am trying .. taking Zyban, which my insurance is paying for. I am sure it is cheaper for them to pay 50 a month for six mnth vs. the alternative. I don-t get the urge much because of meds and sadly when I do get the urge I usually give in.... I KNOW i should not so sometimes I try sucking air through a straw I cut in half or pop a Listerine strip into my mouth. Good luck you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That must be tough to do and some people after 35 years aren-t even willing to try quitting. May I ask how you were able to do it? Most of my family smokes and have for 20+ years. I would love to know a successful method to pass along to them to try!
I quit 8 months ago, and it-s killing me!!! Hubby is still 2 packs a day, still working on him...
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could
I quit smoking cigarettes on April 7th of this year after 35 years of smoking, any one else quit? -