How can i Quit smoking? -

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How can i Quit smoking? -


Here-s what I did. I picked a date like two months in advance. It was like October, and so I chose December 26th to be my non-smoker beginning. So, I smoked my guts out for two months. When I woke up on December 26th, I did not smoke again. You must mentally prepare yourself for it. Over the years I-ve heard people say things like -I-m trying to quit smoking-. Wrong. -trying- is not good enough. Just have your mind made up. I know we have all looked at oh say, drug addicts and said -If they just wouldn-t stick that needle in their arm!-. Same thing with cigarettes. Choose not to do it.
-Cigana is a healthier alternative to smoking. While regular contain tobacco and 4000+ carcinogens, Cigana contains just nicotine. Cigana looks and feels like a regular cigarette, provides the nicotine that smokers crave, without the harmful, cancer-causing toxins, ashes, smells or second hand smoke.-

I read testimonials on this product and they seem to be happy. I am not a smoker myself, but this could help you.
On October 5th it will be 3 years without a cigarette for me. I decided on that very day I would stop smoking. I had half a pack of cigarettes left and never smoked another one.

I had tried patches and inhalers and gums and nothing worked. I just had to want to quit. I loved smoking. But I hated my clothes smelling like smoke and other people smelling me too. I hated paying for smokes. So this is how I quit...

I said...-I quit.- And I did. I missed the motion of my hand coming up to my mouth so I carried around a bottle of water constantly. I must have drank 20 bottles of water a day in place of cigarettes. I lost over 15 pounds by drinking all that water.

I also missed all that private time I had before when I would go outside to smoke. So I walked the dogs a lot. Or pretended to use the bathroom.

But the secret for me was the strength to want to quit and the motion of hand to mouth. And I didn-t include anyone on my journey or complain about it. I just did it.

Good Luck. I know you can do it.
I am using the Commit Lozenges to quit and they are really helping me a lot. Whenever I feel like a want a cig, I pop a lozenge in my mouth. After a minute or two the physical urge goes away so that I just have to deal with the mental aspect of wanting one. I won-t say they make it -easy- to quit, but definitely -easier- for me.

Good luck!
I tried quitting for many years. I have finally accomplished it and have been smoke free for 9 years. To help others I wrote a Ezine article on how I did it. http://ezinearticles.com/?Quit-Smoking---How-I-Did-It-id=2785949
Arlene
theres patches you can put on urself
that make u stop
nd medicine nd stuff
How can i Quit smoking? -