How did you quit smoking? -

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How did you quit smoking? -


And it SUCKS that I actually need to SAY this, but please no answers from people who haven-t been smokers, i.e. -I don-t need to quit cuz I don-t smoke!-

Thanks
I found my reason to quit - every time i needed/wanted/craved a smoke I would focus on why I was quiting. I could only do it cold turkey - I had tried the gum and patches but they were no help - I didnt have a problem with the physical addiction, it was the action and the feeling that was difficult to get over.
I carried around a pencil for a long time and would flick it when I wasnt doing anything or when I would normally light up just to continue the movement. It took a few months before I started to feel less and less need to smoke. I still feel it now occasionally but I am able to control it without a huge amount of effort. Its a hard thing to over come - good luck.
Do some research on electronic cigarettes. Some say that using electronic cigarettes can help you quit smoking. Currently there is no scientific evidence for or against it. One option is to gradually lower the level of nicotine in your cartridges to become nicotine and tobacco free.

The other option is to smoke electronic cigarettes with zero nicotine cartridges while applying nicotine patches. That way you separate addiction and habit.

Good Luck! It-s not easy ...

http://www.ecigarettes365.com/forum/quit

I agree with the above. I wasn`t addicted at all. It was just fun in a way I guess. I usually only smoked at work, in my car, or if I was drinking because it was something to do. I quit because I`m asthmatic and I have no health insurance so I had to stop to save money for meds. I also stopped because it sometimes made me feel sick after I smoked and I got into a relationship with this guy and I didn`t want to smell like cigarettes in my hair or on my clothes. Plus my friends dad just died from tracheotic cancer because he smoked like 2 or 3 packs a day :( I`ll have a smoke once in a while but it`s rare and the cravings aren`t bad anymore. Just find a good reason to quit and keep reminding yourself.
I confined myslef in the corner with chicken noodle soup and ate it and whenever i wanted to smoke i cut myself.
How did you quit smoking? -