How did you quit smoking? -

Friday, July 9, 2010

How did you quit smoking? -


It took me at least 2 tries before I quit for real and the third time I quit cold turkey. I used lollypops when I was driving to kill that craving or those candy cigs the first 2 times as well. It was hard but when I used the gum the second time I thought that I stopped for good because I didn-t smoke for 7 months then I went back to smoking. The only bad thing is I gained a lot of weight and now I need to lose weight...ugh it never ends. I wrote down my goals which helped and I know I need to do that for my weight issues too. Did anyone gain a lot of weight after they quit?
The biggest reason was that after 20 years I realised that I wanted to quit more than I wanted to smoke. I was sick of being a smoker. I used patches for a while then read the Allen Carr Easyway book. It also helped to keep me motivated when I started seeing how much fitter I felt and better I looked.
It-s been 6 months now, sometimes I still have to remind myself how far I-ve come and accept that I will never have -just one-- - been there and done that, there-s no such thing!
My daughter quit by using Chantix and it worked for her. At the time I quit it wasn-t around. I quit cold turkey and I was a pack and a half a day smoker. It was tough, but I had changed my routine. I told everyone I quit, and I felt I couldn-t go back on my word. I was also in the middle of a move to keep me busy and doing a yard sale. The first 2 weeks were the hardest. I would even pray at night to help get me through it. Even after 3 years, I would crave a cigarette, but I kept telling myself if I ever pick one up again I know I wouldn-t quit. Because I had tried to quit a couple of times before. One time it was for 3 months and I thought I could smoke just one cigarette. Well, it doesn-t work that way! I have now been off of cigarettes for 18 years.
Dont use Chantix, whatever you do. I-ve heard that people who use that go into deep states of depression, suicidal thoughts, and nausea.
I used the patch which helped a little bit. It does take will power as well. There is a pretty good quit smoking website as well called Quitnet
You should check that out. Good luck to you
Cold turkey. However, I was more of a -social smoker- and smoked about 1-5 cigarrettes per day. But, I do believe going cold turkey is one of the most effective ways to quit any habit. Hard? Sure! But it almost always works once you get past the initial stage. Best of luck to you.
Okay Ive never smoke but my mom and husband did. My mom quite about a year ago using Chantix. She was a two pack a day smoker and she-s doing amazing! I highly reccomend it.

My husband smoked since he was 8! He just quit. Just stopped buying ciggarettes.
I smoked for 8 years, and I just quit 2 weeks ago, my body just said quit smoking, and I did I havent had a urge or craving to even think about it and when I actually do think about it, it just disgusts me
Laid them down. No stupid gums or patches. They just take your money and keep you from quitting properly.

If you really really want to quit, you will. It sucks at first but you can do it!!
Both myself and my partner smoked. We agreed to quit and also agreed that if we gave into the cravings for a cigarette we-d be letting each other down.
I-d rather crave nicotine than let her down -3
Well Im actually weird when it comes to smoking.... I am not addicted, I can stop and start when i like. I think my body reacts differently to the nicotine. FREAKKK!!!
As it happened, I was anxious and eager to please God. I-d been a smoker for a few years, yet it was easy.
I was -lucky- that time.
spent the summer away from home....completely different schedule and jet lag confused me for a while and then when i had cravings i would always be doing something else i had to focus on.
I never started.

Disgusting habit and I like being alive.
After many failures and cutting way back, I went cold turkey. Every failure is just one step closer to success.
by thinking of they terrable things it does to my body and i quit cold turkey after some research
Many people try like these plastic cigarettes or this chewing gum for smokers my mum is still trying to give up smoking!
I got pregnant. Made it real easy knowing there was a baby in me. Then after he was born I didn-t even fell like having one.
I never saw the point in even starting.
I would rather keep my lungs healthy, thanks.
nicotine patches a drinking water when i got cravings
DONT PUT THE CIG TO YOUR MOUTH AND LIGHT IT!!!!!!
I told the wife to slow down and use a lubricant HAAAAAAAA. D-OH.
as long as I can run 5 mile with a cig in my mouth....im not quiting
Chantix helped me...
Just did.
Chantix.. it works
How did you quit smoking? -