For people who quit smoking? -

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

For people who quit smoking? -


i don-t need to hear the -smoking is bad lecture- I know it is therefore i want to quit, i have tried twice and after the 4 day i got nauseated and dizzy,basically feeling like shyt, is this normal? if it is when does it get better? what happened to you when you quit? any tips on making it through this easier?
hi Jessica..

okay the positive thing is that you got time.. no lectures.. that-s way cool.. the withdrawal symptoms, at times can be pretty sever, and they aren-t pretty, but the good news is, that if you don-t smoke, you only have to detox once..

actually sounds like your pretty much on schedule..a lot of folks sleep a lot, some have insomnia.. its sort of unpredictable good luck..many folks use the patch, and other methods works for many.. the e-cig don-t know i have heard the hype, but never known anybody who-s used one..

actually in terms of tips, i wanted to let you know how i quit..rather than trying to go through that detox alone, i joined a support group.. i attend nicotine anonymous meetings both locally and on line... on line voice meetings are as close as your computer.. and you are welcome while still planning a quit, or already quit!!

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
Ive smoked since i was 16 and recently quit. I quit because I got sick. Tomorrow I have to go and get an ultrasound done on my throat and neck. I-ve been sick for over a month (two days before my 21st birthday) Im feeling -doomed- and think about death alot just b/c im so afraid of whats wrong with me. Ive been to 4 different doctors they all 4 said different things but cant agree on anything so tomorrow if they still cant find the problem I have to be put to sleep and they have to run a scope down my throat. I-m 21 it could be something simple or it could be something serious, im too young for something -serious- me and my boyfriend are wanting to start a family next year and get married.

Next time you want to smoke, think about me, and think about how you-d feel if you were in my place and your throat was all fud up. your probably fairly young, do you want to die because of cancer? next time you feel like lighting one up, get online and look up pictures of mouth cancer, throat cancer, lung cancer, tongue cancer.
Because I was pregnant with my daughter, I could not smoke. I was told the patch its te best way to get your fix, and to quit. I was down to a cig a day for a week. Then I would just take a put when ever my husband went out to smoke, then I would just take a puff here and there, and I finally quit. I couldn-t have done it with out the patch. Ever.
Hang in there, it gets better I-ve quit smoking a few different times and it always gets kinda rough right around where you are for me. By the way, i quit for the last time tonight. I may need some support my self. Best of luck to you
For people who quit smoking? -