How to quit smoking......? -

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How to quit smoking......? -


Okay, have quit smoking for just over a month but today I-ve had two cigarettes! And I feel really guilty about it.

How do I quit properly? tips? has anyone tried to quit smoking and succeeded?
based on the first bunch of answers... you were better off in lgbt...

*gives you huggy*
My mom quit smoking. She did it by setting a date to quit. She would smoke cigarettes like usual. After she was done with a cigarette, she threw the butt into an empty coffee can filled with water. By time the set date came, the can was filled with butts. And from that date on, whenever she craved a cigarrette, she would open the can... That smelled terible, and smelled it. After a while, she had remembered cigs as a terrable smell.
It is perfectly alright to smoke. The government is out to brainwash you that smoking is bad. In fact everyone dies anyway and a large percentage believe it or not die of horrific accidents, disease, etc. You may quit smoking then the next day get shot in the head by a mugger. Smoking relieves stress and provides as a relief for social anxiety. The government never tried to get rid of smoking until recently because finanical reasons and something that has to do with taxes that you can google. Think about it logically the government makes tons of profits and make a cut of the ciggarete sales. Why would they try to get rid of it all of a sudden?

Ciggaretes are perfectly normal. Puff away.
Just don-t smoke.

Smoking is not physically addictive after two days time, its mentally addictive. If it was physically addictive everyone would have the exact same symptoms of addiction such as all cocaine and meth addicts have the EXACT same predictable symptoms at the same time. Smoking gives everyone different symptoms of -withdrawal- and is thus only mentally addictive. This is why hypnotism works so well, far better than any kind of patch or gum. Look into it, seriously.

Patches and nicotine gum are good marketing but are ridiculous. Regular gum works just the same and costs a whole lot less.

Just stop smoking, find a new way to de-stress and find something new to do with your mouth.

Thanks for the thumbs down. Read up on this,
http://www.thestopsmokingguide.com/chapt…
-In fact, the physical addiction to nicotine can be broken in a matter of days.- After a week at most, there is NO PHYSICAL ADDICTION. Its all in your HEAD. Sorry. Science doesn-t lie.

And my mom quit smoking and drinking, both cold turkey when I was 7. Just stopped because she knew it wasn-t good for her or me. It can be done, you just need to have some will power. =)
well ive learn over the past few years that its impossible to become addicted if you dont like it so think for your self the cigarette doesnt light itself and throws it in your mouth to smoke the only addiction is the good response that you get from smoking so if you really want to quit you would man up and just give it up its not worth being one of the millions of related deaths so to smoking good luck i wush the best to you and your soon to be past
I used to smoke and I quit. If you are serious about not going back to smoking do not hang out where smokers are. Another thing is do not buy any cigarettes. It may take a year to finally be free from the addiction but let me tell you that once your body gets used to not smoking you will not be able to smoke any more.
you should really really want to quit. put the word -I want to quit smoking- in your heart. when you see a cigarettes, please remember the words you said. but, please don-t stop suddenly. for example, you had 5 cigarettes each day. when you want to quit, please don-t stop suddenly. ( from 5 cigarettes to 0 cigarette) it will hurt you.
Give your best friend like 20-100 $ (depending on how bad u want to quit) make Ur best friend stay with u the whole week or month, every time they catch you with a cigarette, they take away 1-5 $ (depending on how bad u want to quit) and they get to go shopping with that money in front of you. also use a nicotine patch/gum. I-m so sorry you are going through this, i lost my grandmother and aunt to lung cancer after they smoked only a year, 20 years later they were both diagnosed. i did this with my friend, and i was rich the first times, then he stopped.
I starting smoking when I was 15. No one knew how unhealthy it was. Now, we know it is the cause of high blood pressure (which could kill you), lung and throat cancer (which could kill you), it-s really expensive AND the tobacco companies know we are -hooked- to the nicatine. I smoked until I was 45 yrs old...a lot of years. My mother died from smoking...I was with her...it was ugly, hurtful and scary. I never smoked again. Now, it stinks. Buy some sugarless hard candy. Every time you need a smoke, take a candy. You can do it!!
u went over a month, its the same thing, get rid of all ofem, tell ur freinds ur quiting and to not to offer u any. i have a freind who tred to quit and succeeded. he hasnt smoked in like 3 years. i quit pretty quick, only took me a couple weeks, but everynow and the i forget and have one, liek if a freind offers it or i find some. but i never relapsed into addiction
Yeah! You quit for over a month! Okay, so you had 2 cigarettes but that-s okay, Don-t let feeling guilty make a good excuse to smoke any more. Quit again! Now! Stop! Throw the cigarettes and lighter away. Take a shower to get rid of the smell. Chew some gum. Drink some water. Call a friend. You can do it!
well dont keep cigarettes anywhere in the house or car or work.....dont drive by places they sell cigarettes....i dont see why the nicotine patch doesnt work........
just remember every time you have a cigarette that takes away a good day from your life and months of pain and suffering by you and your family. and its killing your wallet.
~c.~
My way of quitting smoking was to make a safe zone. A place where I could not smoke at all. Mine was my car. If I was craving a cig then I would go drive around and that helped. Here is a website for some tips.
http://www.helpguide.org/mental/quit_smo…

Continue still. Take each day and never surrender. I quit a over year when I had a home bible study and eventually I got baptized.

I have never looked back. A month is good time. Okay your tripped but do you stay on the floor or pick yourself up?

Quit since 15th June 2005. Smoked a pack a day for 21 years. I just did it cold turkey.
If you notice yourself doing things that get you the urge to smoke change that routine. Also I don-t no what this really is but in the mall I saw something called an electric cigarette. See if you can find it and maybe check it out.
I don-t know how this will work for you but me personally I just stopped cold turkey. I even kept my self away from cigarettes and developed a hobby to keep my mind off of them. Been tobacco free for 4 years!
Willpower. Find a reason to quit. I quit for my girlfriend at the time, she needed to see a strong stable figure in her life and I became just that.
you should get nicotine gum and patch and see a doctor about it and he-ll probably give you way better tips then i did.

Everyone deserves a little luck!
go to rehab lol

no seriously, buy sum nicotine patches or sumfing dey COULD help if u stick 2 it or buy dem ciggarette chewing gums dat helps u stop smoking =/
Go to a Doctor. Or Go to Ramdev (Joga Guru)

visit www.fulljajpur.com
Nikkorate Nikorate you can beat the cigarete
Focus on dong other things that u like. like sport
Resent the government so much, that you will not pay new cig tax of Obamas. Your money will pay for rich kids and illegal aliens kids health care. I-m gonna fire up a fatty instead, it-s cheaper, and there is no tax on that.
My dad quit smoking by putting flavored tooth picks in his mouth every time he felt the urge to get a cigarette.
You could jack off everytime you want to smoke or do the old fashion rubber band hit on your arm when you want to
Don-t let the guilt get the best of you. Start again tomorrow. You have already proven that you CAN quit.

*Please don-t listen to -Just Me-, if she-s a nurse, then I am a rocket scientist.
See your doctor. There are a couple of good smoking cessation medicines that can get you to quit.
start working out or running,than you actually have a reason to quit,
Nicoderm patch
Try munching on some sunflower seeds It worked for my husband and some of his co-workers.
it takes 21 days to break a bad habit so if you trade it for something else like chewing gum than maybe that will help
switch from cigarettes to pot.

tasty and not addictive. :]
How to quit smoking......? -