I quit meth. I quit smoking. in the last year i gained 70 pounds. Need to lose at least 50! am trying a diet.. -

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I quit meth. I quit smoking. in the last year i gained 70 pounds. Need to lose at least 50! am trying a diet.. -


I was on meth 24/7 for a year.Have now been clean for 1 yr, and quit smoking cigarettes 4 months ago. Have gained so much weight...now excercising, eating dry toast for breakfast, 2 apples for a snack, leancuisine for lunch, an apple and a lowfat granola bar for snack, and another lean cuisine for dinner.I eat dinner around 5:00, jog half a mile, then have another apple.I also have an hypothyroidism which I am on medication for.Is this a healthy diet? Is it low enough in fat and calories that I should lose weight? My eating was out of control, since getting clean, food has taken on a whole new meaning and has never been so good! and of course, since quitting smoking, i ate instead of smoked. now the cravings are under control, but i am up to 200 pounds!hope someone can make some suggestions!
first off I will congratulate in making the right choice that you do want to lose some 200 pounds.

if you do exactly what I tell you, I guarantee you that you will see results.

you must do the following:

1. food.
(a) unhealthy foods - - -please say good bye to any form of unhealthy food including junk foods whatsoever.
(b) healthy foods - - - - please consult with a doctor about nutrition and diets to see what forms of foods you are allowed to eat.
2. liquids.
(a) because you will go to the gym, every single day, you will be required to drink at least a gallons worth of liquids (excluding sodas of any sort and mineral water) such as water, milk, orange juices, etc., etc., etc.
3. exercise
(a) I suggest that you do at least between 2 or 3 miles in the treadmill in which it should be approximate about 40 to 60 minutes
CONGRATS ON BEATING METH! I am very impressed. That is hard to do. If you can do that, you can do anything! I don-t know about your special dietary needs, you might see a dietician, to help you set up a menu for your lifestyle. Also check out the internet for diets that may help! God love ya!!!
first off I will congratulate in making the right choice that you do want to lose some 200 pounds.

if you do exactly what I tell you, I guarantee you that you will see results.

you must do the following:

1. food.
(a) unhealthy foods - - -please say good bye to any form of unhealthy food including junk foods whatsoever.
(b) healthy foods - - - - please consult with a doctor about nutrition and diets to see what forms of foods you are allowed to eat.
2. liquids.
(a) because you will go to the gym, every single day, you will be required to drink at least a gallons worth of liquids (excluding sodas of any sort and mineral water) such as water, milk, orange juices, etc., etc., etc.
3. exercise
(a) I suggest that you do at least between 2 or 3 miles in the treadmill in which it should be approximate about 40 to 60 minutes
jogging a half mile does nothing. I asked my Doc and told her I run 1-1.5 miles and can-t lose weight. She said It more depends on the amount of TIME you spend do cardio work. It needs to be 30-40 min. also get enrolled in college and fill your time. make different friends. and maybe start lifting wieghts at a gym. Don-t try at home you-ll end up eating. at a gym there is nothing to do there but workout. Spend 30 min. in a light jog then lift for an hour. Sweat alot and drink lots of water.
i think what you-re doing now sounds fine...you-re eating enough and exercising. good job for getting clean. good luck.
A new fad diet up and coming is the Lemon Cleanse. You can loose an average of 10lbs/week on it. I-ve heard it works but fast loss usually means fast gain so I would be careful after coming off the diet.

This is the recipe:

2 tablespoons FRESH squeezed lemon or lime juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
2 tablespoons genuine organic maple syrup, Grade B or C(the darker the better)*
1/10 teaspoon (a small pinch!) cayenne pepper, gradually increase (the more BTUs the better)
300 - 500 cc (10-14 oz) pure water

You drink that mix every 1-2 hours and take in nothing else but purified water. After one week you should see results but should not continue the diet for more than 40 days.

There is a strict regiment of foods to eat for the first week or so after coming off the diet so you don-t shock your system.

Pretty much everything on this diet is fairly well explained in Stanley Burrough-s book, The Master Cleanser and there-s some stuff on this website:
http://www.falconblanco.com/health/clean…

I-m also clean for 1 year. Yeah for us!! You need to up your exercising, if you can-t run more than 1/2 mile then speed walk as much as you can. Your diet sounds perfect. If the food your eating isn-t causing you to loose weight then keep increasing your workout routine. Your body needs to be challenged so don-t get stuck doing the same thing over and over.
First off a BIG CONGRAT-S on getting yourself clean!!!!!!!!!!
Now you are into another stage of doing something good for yourself and working out a lifestyle plan of eating that you can stick with for a life. A diet per say is something that people go on and will lose weight but usually go off of and go back to the way they were eating before and end up gaining weight back. So what you need to find is a lifestyle plan that you can lose weight on and also stick with after for maintaining your new look.

What you have mentioned above....mainly the lean cuisine - I are not what is considered *whole foods* and I also believe most are high in sodium content. I believe in getting back to the basic-s would be helpful for you and since you are a determined person - I know you can do it. Choose whole healthy foods that work for you to lose weight - and not all people lose weight following the same type of plan because not all can (or want to follow the same or react to the same plan the same way). Your body will let you know. So pick a plan be it Lowcarbing, Weight Watchers, South Beach or a zillion others - but one that is actually based on store bought food and not specialty food thats going to cost you an arm and a leg :-)

Water is always very important no matter what plan you are following - so you should be drinking eight 8oz glasses a day. As for exercise - I know at 200 pounds it can be tough at times. You can start with just simple walking for 30 min a day and work yourself up from there - add in weight training to tone (I-m assuming you are a woman that is not looking at building up lots of muscle). As time progresses you can increase both of these.

Don-t become addicted to the scales - but rely more on how your clothing is fitting you as you lose. If you are working out muscle weighs more than fat - so if the scales are not moving down you can still be looking better and clothing fitting better overall.

After years and years of yo-yo dieting I quit dieting and finally did what I have said here - I lost 125 pounds in 8 months.
Try low-carb. You-re never hungry and have tons of energy. Works for me ; )
Go back to meth and smoking, you-ll lose the weight fast!
I quit meth. I quit smoking. in the last year i gained 70 pounds. Need to lose at least 50! am trying a diet.. -