Help, ex-smokers! How did you quit smoking? -

Friday, September 14, 2012

Help, ex-smokers! How did you quit smoking? -




I know people quit after smoking for 20, plus years. How do you people do it? I-ve tried, but never been able to do it. Does any ex-smokers have any pointers?

People don-t just -quit- - they have a reason to, usually family.

You have to do the same - you have to want to quit first, then you prepare for the cessation.

Try Allan Carr-s book - How to Quit Smoking. I-ve heard its a good read as you can smoke whilst reading it, and I-ve known of 4 people who-ve read the book and quit.

Best of luck.
I got really sick. Was puking, had a fever, chills, got a kidney infection. Didn-t want a cig at all. I tried one just out of old habit but it was just gross and did nothing for me.

Before that I tried several times and would always say -last one- but nicotene is more addictive than cocaine (yet cigs are legal, figure that).

Wish I could be of more help but getting really sick is what made me quit.

There are pills and patches but I don-t know if they work or not. I have also heard of hynosis. Can-t say anything about that either.

All I can suggest is
*pure willpower if you have it aka quit cold turkey ( you will go thru major withdrawal and be very irritable with bad headaches so keep some advil around and warn ppl in advance you are quitting)

*Limit yourself. The less the better. Like one in the morning, one in the afternoon, one in the evening, one after dinner and one before bed. Something like that. If you could cut in half the amt you smoke it will be a lot better and will help you to quit later.

Hope you don-t have to get really sick to quit but that can work and I-m almost glad I got sick because otherwise I don-t think I could have quit.

Hi. I just quit, and believe me, I tried everything at least once. I smoked for 35 years.

What finally worked for me was reading Allen Carr-s book called -Easy way to Stop Smoking- I read the book, and hadn-t quit, but wasn-t really enjoying smoking anymore. I was not really trusting myself to quit. lol So I made an appointment at a Laser Clinic, and went and got lasered. It took about 40 minutes, and I walked out of their office with no cravings, no stress, no desire to smoke, and a feeling of utter relaxation.
Go to the Doc-s and ask for Champix, you take the pills and continue smoking for two weeks and at the end of the fortnight you want wont to smoke any more, worked for me and i didn-t even want to quit( wife kept nagging). I found them to be 100% effective. Hope this is of help

Try Chantix and join an online support group.
Help, ex-smokers! How did you quit smoking? -