Best aids to help quit smoking? -

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Best aids to help quit smoking? -


Have you personally quit smoking cigarettes or known someone who has? If so, what if any quit smoking aids did they use to help them and in what manner were they used? I want to try my 4th attempt at quiting smoking and all input and advice would be greatly appreciated.
I had tried to quit smoking for about 5 years or so. The patches worked, but only for a few days or so. The only thing that ever worked for me was the new pill Chantix. It works by turning off the nicotine receptors in the brain. I didn-t even have the cravings for a cigarrete. The only thing that gave me trouble was the habbit of the motion of smoking. What helped me with that was suckers. Good luck. By the way, these pills are not covered by most insurance and costed me about $130 a month.
The addiction is 99% in your mind because you believe you need cigarettes. But the truth is you don-t. You didn-t need them before you started to smoke did you?

Try using Allen Carr’s Easyway To Stop Smoking. You can buy the book, watch the DVD or attend an Allen Carr Clinic. All Allen Carr therapists have been smokers and have used his method to quit. Providing you have an open mind, you will find this method not only easy but enjoyable. It doesn’t have to be traumatic. Smokers make it hard for themselves because they don’t go about it the right way. Check out the website http://www.allencarr.com.au/states/qld to find out more.
My husband quit cold turkey
3 of my friend quit cold turkey
my father and his wife cold turkey
And for me still puffing away, I have tried the patch, didn-t work, tried cold turkey, didn-t work.
Good luck, if you find a way please let me in on it.
I quit smoking with a big jar of chew lollies a dark room and plenty of video rentals to keep me distracted. That was it, and 3 years later I cant stand the smell of cigarettes.

You need to find the real reason for your smoking. Sometimes people start as teenagers because they are depressed, often quitting can bring on depression for this reason.

Other smoke to cope with stress, If this is your reason its a good time to develop coping strategies (breathing exercises, writing a to do list, taking things one step at a time)

Another common reason for smoking is because everyone you know does (i use to work in the hospitality industry, and every break the whole staff smoked)

I have read that -weaning- can be really sucessful long term. Have a cigarette 2 hourly, then 3 hourly...4 hourly ect.

The best advice I can give from my own struggle is just dont smoke!- when you feel like caving in... just dont!!!

good luck, your lungs (and your wallet) will thank you
Good question. I tried many times to quit myself. This is basically what I did:

So the things that I think aided in my “kicking the habit” were these:

1. Made a conscious acknowledgment that I wanted to quit.

2. I made it a hassle to smoke, by restricting myself on when and where I could smoke.

3. Played a small mind game, by telling myself that I would smoke later, knowing later would never come.

4. A goal to be healthier and richer by not smoking anymore.

In the link below, I have gone into more detail on how and what I did in these 4 points. This worked and I have been smoke free for going on 7 years now.
Talk to a neurologist about Requip and Bromochriptine.They will greatly reduce and/or eliminate your feelings of withdrawal from nicotine. This use of these medications is approved by the FDA.
hmm the best aid is motivate your own self
the one who smoke is you
so at first you can smoke
and you also can quit do ya
but to quit is not easy as word to say it
if you quit immediately you can damage your own health
and your weight can immediately grow fast as hell
that-s mean you can became fat as fast you don-t realize it
also your lungs and hearts beats can be slow down after you quit immediately
you also cannot breath like usual
that-s mean your blood was block by nicotine
and air cannot reach your brain that-s why some people became stroke
if you really want to quit smoking
first the first step is
at least every day you have to take nicotine, by gum nicotine
but not to much...
and at same time you need to make some physical activity,
and do more exercise
it because your need to make your blood work usual like people who din-t smoke
you need to drink much water like usual need 7 glasses but if smoker need more
it because you need to stable your body system
i dont know how to spell it what i mean your sweat and other
thats you need to do
and also the last thing to do is
you need to motived your self
this is according a theory
sore dake ganbarimasu yo
i started smoking when i was 12..and quit when i was 52!!..
i used commit..but i also got addicted to it so now i use mints!..works like a charm..haven-t smoked since Nov 2006 and can-t stand the smell of cig smoke!!...
BUT..i still want a cig every day..the way i keep from smoking is by telling myself that i WANT a smoke but i don-t NEED a smoke and that does the job..
i feel 100% better...yea..i put on 50 lbs but i know in time they will come off...i feel it-s worth it to quit smoking!!..you are the only one who can do this..no one can do it for you...good luck
i used the commit brand lozenges, the cherry flavored kind, not only could i tolerate the taste, but it really helped me out so much at first that by the end of the first month of myself quitting. Thy the commit website or the american cancer society
hi :)
i smoked for quite a while then gave up for 8 whole years but started again last year ....the first time i gave up using will power but this time i did find it harder as i again gave up 2 months ago i began by using nicorette chewing gum for aprox 2 weeks then weaned myself off that - onto normal extra chewing gum i found both were much a muchness :) i have nbeen quite successful in this ...i also made sure ive had heaps of fresh fruit here to munch on - licorice as this helps also ..........its more a case of getting rid of the finger to mouth habit i found ....try going for a little walk when u get a craving if you can occupy your mind for a breif moment you can forget about that craving until next one hits ...take each day at a time get thru one day and tell yourself how gr8 you are going ,etc etc each day do the same and definently reward your good work too ....each day remember the $ you are saving , the longer life youll be having , the fresher air , the better skin , the more pleasant breath lol .....there are way too many health benefits not to keep trying ..if you fail - have a smoke just wait a few days - try again ...hope some of this helps you
good luck !
Best aids to help quit smoking? -