Did you quit smoking and gain or not gain weight? -

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Did you quit smoking and gain or not gain weight? -


Tell me about it. I am worried about weight gain byt i really need to quit smoking i have heard it is inevitable to gain 15-20 lbs. please include your age and weight gain if any. thx!!
a lot of people gain weight just because they need something to do to keep their hands busy. those smoking classes recommend carrying 1 of those stress reliever balls, or a pencil, or something else thin about the size of a cigarette to keep your hand busy. it isnt inevitable. just make it a point to start exercising too. that will help keep the pounds off, and try eating healthier. u dont have to gain weight when u quit. it is possible to stay the same or even lose weight. u just have to be determined. hope this helps! good luck!
I quit and put on weight..Now i-m back smoking, still got that weight i put on. It-s a lose-lose situation for me.. :)
Well, I-m 33 and all I-ll say about my weight is that I-m not a small girl. lol But when I quit smoking, I wanted to quit, I was done, I didn-t want to do it anymore, was tired of being sick all the time and hacking my brains out. I-d just had enough. So I-d already made the decision. What I did to conquer the hand to mouth was get things to suck on for when cravings hit. More often than not, that was a sucker, and I didn-t go cheap on those suckers, either, I picked out the good ice cream flavored ones. lol But I also sucked on the occassional popsycle. But I didn-t gain any weight, because I was very conscious of it. I-ve also heard of people munching carrot and celery sticks during cravings. Just plan for it and have alternatives for hwen that craving hits and you-ll be fine.
The weight gain is not unavoidable, but when I ran a smoking cessation clinic in association with my community hospital, forty percent of our clients did experience a weight gain. Clinically, you-d have to gain more than a hundred pounds to even begin to offset the benefits of quitting. Do be aware that it-s tempting to substitute food for the cigarette, and find a non-calorie substitute if you crave something in your mouth - like calorie-free candies or diet, caffiene-free colas. Just don-t eat a whole roll or bag of those candies all in a day - some of -em are sweetened with sorbitol, that also acts as a laxative if overdone...
I quit 3 yrs ago and I am 30 yrs old . I did gain weight and it was 20 lbs but i feel way better and less stinky but i think the weight gain depends on life style i always smoked and never had time to think how bad it stinks and how much fun i have not worrying about running out and where can i smoke at but i am a female and i had some really bad pap tests and the dr thought it was being caused by smoking he removed it and it came back i quit smoking and have been doing good ever since so health wise 20 lbs is better than cancer.I am now back to my preweight so it will work out .
keep active where u dont think of ur addiction... and try gum...it helped me
smoking is bad for your health just have a proper diet like eating vegetables your gonna be ok
just leave smoking by any means no matter weight gain or consider (if want to lead a decent life!)
When I quit a few years ago, I didn-t gain a pound. I just didn-t allow myself to try and satiate my oral fixation with food. You have to be very strong willed and not allow yourself to eat anything in place of having a smoke.
i heard when you stop, you lose weight cuz you can exercise and get your heart rate up and breath better.
Two reasons I gained was one, to replace that oh-so-good after meal smoke with something sweet, and two, to keep busy. Once you quite you will miss the -doing something with your hands- thing. Once you find what ever it is to fill those gaps, esp. exercises or some sort of physical hobby, you will lose anything you might have gained. Unless your an addictive type who re-discovers mail order cheese cake and Springer, then maybe there-s trouble in your future.
I was 26, gained and lost 15lbs.
I quit 2 years ago. I did gain about 15 lbs but I think an extra 15lbs is better than heart disease, lung cancer or emphysema.

Just put it in your mind that you are quitting for yourself. Drink lots of water, exercise and heat healthy - Sugar free candy and gum also helped.
Did you quit smoking and gain or not gain weight? -