I quit smoking pot, but now im not so sure it was a good idea...anyone have experience? -

Sunday, March 20, 2016

I quit smoking pot, but now im not so sure it was a good idea...anyone have experience? -


I was a moderate marijuana smoker(about 4-5 days a week). I decided to quit and have now for 3 weeks. I am noticing that life is more real, colors are brighter, easier to pay attention etc...But it feels like the real problems that first led me to using this drug are also becoming clearer and stronger. It-s an effect I am not liking. I do go to therapy, and get advice from a professional, but I was wondering if anyone else has delt with this feeling and if they decided to quit or go back to smoking. I am starting to believe that marijuana may actually have some anti depressent attributes in severe cases now. Any advice would help, especially if you-ve delt with it. Thanks.
Stay clean. It`s still in your system. Few more weeks and you`ll be fine. Well done.
first I was enjoying life with pod+alcohol+cigarettes then I decided to quite pod so it was beer+cigarettes then just cigarettes and then just life and its sweet, cause you get control over everything you want!! woman ,drugs, your life ,your goals and the rest


Report Abuse



it may not have anti-depressants in it, maybe it-s just the part of weed that made you not care

although, it could be, seeing how that it is also controlled. might be used as st. johns wort. I don-t know, you should look it up
I have experience from watching and listening... hope that counts.

My ex was (probably still is) a chronic smoker, he gave up on the odd occasion and said that when he smoked he just didn-t care as much about things (like the house being spotless, playing with dog, kids etc.). I don-t believe it-s anti-depressant - it-s a depressant because people who are depressed, don-t care (I-ve been depressed).

I would definately recommend going to counselling, my ex never did go and never gave up either...

When I went to counselling for depression they taught me to think differently and deal with the problems that started it.
It sounds more like you smoke more like everyday..but I could be wrong.

If you have stopped smoking and not feeling more energetic, more motivated etc, you might just be suffering from depression as well, so go to the docs and tell them cos they will help, they can prescibe sleeping tablets if you-re not sleeping well (sweats/nightmares/tossing/turning) and refer you to a counsellor or pshycologist.

Let me know what you decide to do, proud of you! It-s a pretty hard thing to do, I-d like to know how you get on.
ok if u feel like u need 2 go back smoking then go back i mean is not a problem... my friends do it and its kinda cool ill do it when i am older...lol
Mental strength. Stick to it. If you are a strong enough person there should be no need for counceling. Ive quit alot worse and including pot on my own. Life isnt easy, noone is completely happy. Mind over matter and youll conquer anything.
well done it-s a good thing you stopped.It-s not easy and it takes a lot of courage.Since you have been able to stay off for some weeks you can do it.A few weeks more and you-ll be fine.Try as much as possible to avoid mixing with people that do it and keep yourself busy.Even if you smoke pot all your life the problems of life will always be there what makes you a real and strong person is your ability to handle these problems without any influence.You have to think of your health and many other things that smoking pot can do to you.Yes it gives you the feeling of an anti depressant but the truth is that it really just makes you high and makes you see everything as a joke.So i advice you remain focused, be strong and I tell you there is nothing you cant do.
Congratulation!!!! for stop smoking these craps. and dude you know what i learn you could Die from the moment you tried it.
so congrats
You were using it like an antidepressant. It takes time to recover, and you need to have things to do, to fill the void left by its absence. Practise one of the relaxation techniques at
http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris
on page 2, daily, and when needed, and read that page. Try stumbleupon.com - coolsiteoftheday.com - secondlife.com - enter free internet games in your search engine, maybe trying pool, poker (NOT for $! SHARKS!!!), or shockwave.com, backgammon, Uchess.com etc.
I quit smoking pot, but now im not so sure it was a good idea...anyone have experience? -