I have quit smoking for 6 days now , when will the craving get weaker ? -

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I have quit smoking for 6 days now , when will the craving get weaker ? -


I-m into the 6th day of not smoking , I often find my self thinking about smoking ALOT , I often get the urges to smoke all through out the day , when will this stop ?? Is it possiable in the future I can go a few days with out a craving ? where can i find a ex smoker support group in my area?
COLD TURKEY , IS, the best way. Your body needs to go through a state of De-toxication, usually a week or two.
It is suppose to but I still have the craving after 1 month. I keep a rubberband on my wrist and when I feel the craving i snap my wrist with the rubberband. Know this sounds crazy but it works for me. Good luck.
Did you quit cold turkey? Why didn-t you just try to ween yourself off of them.. When I quit, I would make a pack last a month... I-d smoke 2 hits and put it out... One cig would last me a day... I weened thats how I quit... I quit 15 years ago and I got fat too. But, then I found running and exercise. You have to replace your cravings with something else. How about 15 push-ups everytime you have a craving? Or 50 jumping jacks? That will shake ur system up..
I quit a 22 year smoking habit through Smoke Enders.(haven-t heard about them lately) At first we had exercises to decrease the amount of nicotine in our systems, but what I consider the MOST important aspect is: You have to change your thinking from being a smoker who isn-t smoking to a non-smoker. To look at someone who is smoking and thinking of them of being weak,and annoying rather than envying them. Figure out what your triggers are: When do you want to smoke the worst? on the phone, driving, coffee break and do your best to avoid those situations. Good luck and DON-T TAKE THAT FIRST ONE!!!!!
I quit after 55years plus a 5 pack a day plus

Hardest will be 3 weeks/3 months and 3 years

Made past the first 2
another week or so...it will get easier..don-t give up..you will have to relearn to do everything without a cigarette...I haven-t smoked in 31 years...but it took a long time to stop craving it...I went cold turkey..and was committed...they say it is the hardest addiction to kick!
I went cold turkey, too. It was the only way that worked for me and I-ve now been a non-smoker for four years! I cannot imagine going back. Don-t worry -- the cravings will go away very soon. In another couple of weeks, you will wonder why you ever wanted to smoke at all! Even the smell of second-hand smoke will bother you. If you really want something in your mouth, buy some gum. It really does help! (And it won-t make you gain weight... LOL!) Good luck!
Cold turkey is the only way to do it. I have tried all the other ways. I am 60 years old. Smoked for about 46 years. I now have COPD. I am on oxygen 24/7 and a lot of medication. I STILL WANT A CIGARETTE. Some days are worse than others. I have gone maybe two days without having the urge. I have not smoked since last May. Some days are going along quite well and all of a sudden it is like someone hits me in the head and tells me I need a cigarette..............

Every city has support groups. Call your local newspaper. Someone in your city knows where they meet.

You have to find something to eat. I have popcorn at night. Drink lots of fruit juice and water. Brush your teeth a lot. Walking is good too. Get on the computer. Answers helped me because you do have to think and your hands are busy at the same time.

Then at some point you start feeling better. The cravings lessen and you have found something to eat or drink that kind of fills the void.

QUIT and stay QUIT. You don-t want to end up like me. It is not a good life. Good luck and don-t give up..................
I have quit smoking 3 months ago now, and i have quit smoking 2 years ago and started again, but since three months ago i think about it every day especially when i smell other peoples, I-ve heard that people on average quit at least 8 times before quitting successfully, so you have to have will power and kind of test your self to see if you can avoid it, my boss has quit for 5 years and still wants one every day, it-s kind of like and alcoholic, you can-t ever go back, remember this you will think one is OK, and you will buy a pack before you know it.
IT SHOULD GET WEAKER SHORTLY.JUST HANG IN THERE. I AM PROUD OF YOU. KEEP IT UP. GOOD LUCK.
Groups are online and then you can find out about local. It is hard and some people have cravings forever. I quit 9 months ago and rarely have cravings now but they are really activities or situations that trigger memories rather than dependant cravings. My brother says he quit 39 years ago and he still wants one at times. My sister in law quit 8 years ago ansd says she had cravings for about six years. Each is different. I ate and got fat so don-t you do that. Best luck to you.
It-s coming soon!! Just hold in there, and don-t give up... that is so awesome!!
I have quit smoking for 6 days now , when will the craving get weaker ? -