Is it possible to quit smoking and NOT gain weight? -

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Is it possible to quit smoking and NOT gain weight? -


I have quit several times but always gain alot of weight so I start back up again. By the time I lose the weight and try to quit again, i start gaining the weight back. HELP!!
Your body-s metabolism slows a bit when you quit smoking, as nicotine raises the metabolism - only slightly. So get going with some exercise - even a walk a day, or some sport, dancing etc.

Also some people replace smoking with food, so arm yourself with healthy stuff and stick to it!

There-s all the advice you need here:

http://www.quitguide.com/smoking-and-wei…

Possible, but not probable.
most people smoke because there bored. most people over eat because there bored.

smokeing is not a diet plan infact its the farthest thing away from healthy liveing as you can possiby get which im sure you have relized time and time again.

try takeing up an activity that will destract you from both over eating and smokeing. you may have also found that when you were a smoker you were forced to go out side more possibly move around more? walk far distances to avoid bothering other people with your gastly smoke.. hmm.. so how about instead of smokeing go for a walk. you cant not keep a healthy wait buy eating right and exercising its impossible.. you may be gaining wait but its probably your body gaining back the wait it needs to be healthy and happy.
Yea its possible. The only reason you gain weight is because people who used to smoke have developed a habit and then you have taken that away people then start to mindlessly eat. We munch alot and we dont realize that every little finger food and every nibble and every 1/4 of a candy bar really adds up at the end of the day. When I quit smoking everyone tried to get me to chew nicorette and I hated it. I chewed alot of gum and everytime I thought I was hungry I really thought about why I had this feeling and whether it was emotional or physical hunger.
I-m sure. If you have the self control and motivation to quit then surely you can control the eating. If you do gain a little weight then your metabolism should get a little faster as the effects of smoking wear off and that could help shed those lbs. But if you feel that you-re eating has increased and you feel that you are gaining weight then when you have that craving to eat then brush your teeth. Most people don-t want to eat just after brushing their teeth. So hopefully this helps some or a lot! LOL! Good luck! I promise the slight gain that may come after is well worth it! You feel so much better when you quit smoking!!!
Yes, it is possible and I-m living proof. I quit smoking about 5 months ago and I haven-t gained weight - the key is not to substitute smoking with eating - chew on a straw or a pen or drinka glass of water everytime you feel the urge to smoke. Hope this helps. God Bless You!!!
Is it possible to quit smoking and NOT gain weight? -