Anyone quit smoking for 2 years and still had mucous in their throat? -

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Anyone quit smoking for 2 years and still had mucous in their throat? -


I-ve quit smoking for actually 2 years and 7 months and I still have to clear my throat and have this clear mucous all the time. I was wondering if that has happened to anyone out there that has quit smoking.
It damages your lungs mechanism to clean itself.

Over time, it may improve.
Dear Krystal,

Congratulations! You have almost reached the stage to complete normalcy like you were before being a smoker. The medicos unanimously agree and comment that it takes 3 years for your body and respiratory system to become fully normal, unless you had any serious problem when you were a smoker.

I was a moderate (8 to 10 cigarrettes/day) smoker for a long time. I fell sick on last June 12, 07, due to excessive drainage of sodium/pottassium salt through sweating and I was in ICU for about a week. I grabbed this opportunity to quit smoking, from the day I fell sick. I do get clear mucous only in the morning while I brush my teeth and clear my throat.

I think in your case it is normal. Check if you are susceptible to cold?

Please feel free to drop few lines. I-d remain curious to know as you-re a senior to quit smoking.

We did wrong remaining as a smoker, isn-t it? Have a great time now inhaling lungs full of fresh air, and take care.

Hug and love.

:-)
Actually, yes, a couple of years after I quit smoking I thought my -allergies- were out of control. Turns out this is a result of the celia (hairs along your respiratory tract) repairing themselves. I thought I would immediately feel healthier, but in actuality, I seemed a little sicker for a couple of years. What you are experiencing is normal. Your body is now able to counteract the toxins. Now I can breathe so much better, and the results speak for themselves.
Happened to me, but i found it wasnt related to the smoking at all.
Anyone quit smoking for 2 years and still had mucous in their throat? -