How many times have you attempted to quit smoking? -

Monday, November 27, 2017

How many times have you attempted to quit smoking? -


2 for me. you know the saying -Quitting is easy, ive done it a hundred times-.
I just quit 2 days ago after smoking for 16 years.

This is my 3rd attempt but the first one I actually consider being serious and lasting.

Everytime I want a cigarette I think that I have gone without one for so many hours already that having one will just ruin the whole thing.

When you are ready to quit, you will. I thought that was b/s till now. Its totally true though. Good Luck
I was always trying to quit, been smoke free for about 19 or 20 years now.
Twice, and the last time, my blood pressure (which was low before that) raised to the point that I had to take meds for it, I had constant hives, and gained 50 pounds. After two years, while attending a Stones concert (that-s what us old farts do), I had a craving for a cigarette. Started smoking again, lost 35 of the 50, don-t get hives anymore, but my BP is still high. I guess they-ll just have to kill me.
I think I did it 10-12 times before it finally took. Best thing I ever did. I hate it now
I have tried more than I care to admit maybe 8-10 times. But I guess when I am really ready I will do what I did when I wanted to stop drinking. I just quit. But I am co dependent on these things. On my way to take a puff now. Good luck to you!
I actually do quit quite often.
I am the epitome of a -social smoker-.
I really enjoy smoking and will smoke for months, then I will decide that I don-t want to anymore so I stop. I-ll stop for a few weeks, or a few months, or even a year or so. But then for whatever reason, I-ll have a cigarette and just keep on smoking for the next few months. Then I-ll stop again. It-s quite ridiculous actually.

I also say that I am -not smoking- today, or right now or lately - rather than saying I-ve QUIT (I-m sure that-s pretty hokey of me, but I feel better saying I-m NOT smoking, rather than I-ve QUIT smoking)
Like 5 or 6.
Zero. Thanks for asking.
How many times have you attempted to quit smoking? -