Tell me how you quit smoking. Or any good ideas? -

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Tell me how you quit smoking. Or any good ideas? -


I-ve been smoking cigarettes for only 3 years, but still feels wayy too long. I-ve tried a million times to just quit cold turkey, but it is just NOT working. Especially when I drink alcohol or when I am around others who smoke. How-d you quit? Or do you know of any remedies?
hi Silhouette..

yep quitting is a bear, but it is doable.. i smoked for over 40 years, and like you tried repeatedly to quit... using not only, cold turkey, but pills, patches, and other aides..

the good news for me is that i did in fact quit... I have been nicotine free for over 5 years now.. what worked for me when other methods failed, was involvment in a support group..i attend nicotine anonymous meetings, both locallly, and on line... on line voice meetings are as close as your computer..

however you decide to quit good luck, there is simply no wrong way to quit!! its a solid decision!!


Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
I think this is one of your best decisions. You must know what are the advantages of quitting:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/cigarette…


This will keep you motivated throughout. My friend was chain smoker and he quit. He use to say, just be mentally strong and you can do it. Here are some tips that helped him:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/8-easy-ti…

There-s a video on howcast.com called -how to stop smoking- Type it in the howcast website and you-ll find it. It basically sais to suck on lollypops any time you feel the urge to smoke. Also if you exersize every day your just naturally not as bothered by not smoking.
My mother used this patch, It injected the smoking thing in her, But every day the injection got smaller and smaller, and sooner or later she quit smoking. I don-t know where she got it, Though.
Maybe this article will guilt you into quitting.
http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1973165
People who managed to quit smoking (Stories)

http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.…

Stop smoking old fashioned, super dangerous cigarettes, and switch to electronic cigarettes.

I know it sounds nuts but check it out and see for yourself (link in source)
When you drink alcohol and are around ppl who smoke it is very hard to quit.

What I recommend is still cold turkey. This free website can help you. www.whyquit.com
Tell me how you quit smoking. Or any good ideas? -