How to quit smoking? my friend has been trying to quit since long time but hasnt been able to do so? -

Monday, October 1, 2018

How to quit smoking? my friend has been trying to quit since long time but hasnt been able to do so? -


He leaves for one or 2 days and smokes double the next day. ANy tips plz?
I recommend cutting down gradually until your quit date. I did this. I cut down to half a pack. I did this for three months. I smoked by the puff, not by the cigarette. I took only the amount of nicotine that was necessary to satisfy my urge to smoke and put the rest of the cigarette out.

After doing this for three months I quit cold turkey.

Now I-m eating more candy to distract me but its been 10 months. I have urges but they don-t last more than a second or two. If they-re lasting more than that then you-re concentrating on the cigarette. Don-t do it. Concentrate on something else.
·The cravings for nicotine parallels the cravings for Heroin, it is that strong. The tobacco companies now put put a chemical in cigarettes to help extinguish when not puffed on , thus making cigarettes more dangerous than ever. The result is making it harder to quit and you are basically giving your hard earned money to them. With the Alternative Smoking Device I will never go back.
I gave up trying to quit, after forty year of smoking and 2 weeks of trying an Alternative Smoking Device, I liked the product so much I became a distributor for it. I still get my High Nicotine but in a safer fashion and at less than half the cost.
I devoted one page on my website for a short discription of the product. A link on that page will tell you more if you need it.
Gene
1) Make smoking as painful as possible

If you have failed to give up smoking it’s quite possible that you have not attached enough pain to the habit and hence you keep going back to it. We will do allot in life to avoid pain so why not leverage this to help you quit. So have a think right now, what’s the most painful thing about smoking? is it the health problems or the smelly clothes? You need to decide. If you can’t find one try going to visit a few cancer victims and seeing how things turn out for smokers. Whatever it takes. Continuing smoking has to be as unattractive an option as possible.

2) Make the non smoking you very attractive

You also need to look at the benefits of being a non smoker. There are many but find whichever is the most attractive to you. Is it being able to see your kids grow up? Being able to run up the stairs? Whatever it is latch on to it and let it guide you. It will keep you off the smokes as you continue along.

3) Take action

Remember that nothing in life will get done until you make the decision and put things into place. You have to stop putting off the idea of quitting and finish up now. Allot of people put off so many decisions in life put putting this one off could kill you so decide that you want to be a non smoker today and be it.
Why dont you suggest to him that everytime he needs to go buy a new pack, to put that money in a jar or something. Let him see how much money accumulates that he would be sending down the drain. What about looking at pictures of people who have cancers and lung disease from smoking? You have only one body, and if you break it, you die. Simple as that.

Another thing that might help if for him to get himself a support group of other recovering -smokers.- It helps if you talk about quitting with other people who are doing the same thing you are.

checkout this site for general information, and local meetings

http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/


check out this site for online meetings


http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/voi…


Good luck
It-s a hard thing to do. I have done it myself (after many failed attempts) and eventually succeded. I have detailed it on my blog. I could post the whole article here but its prob easier just to give you the link.

Check out the source box. It-s the 3rd post :)
It-s depends on your friends. he/she have to deepest thinking to quit smoking. Maybe you can check this out . http://www.akumau.info/quitsmokin.
Maybe it could help you
it-s all in ur head. ur body dosen-t need the cigarette ur head does and ur head tells ur body u need one. he just needs to overcome it, some people can and some people can-t. the people that can-t have no will power.
Take him/her to Cancer hospital and show how patients are suffering and dying own death helplessly.
Hav b trying since last 15 yrs,if u *** up with something n r successful then just pass it on.....
let him enjoy.
How to quit smoking? my friend has been trying to quit since long time but hasnt been able to do so? -