How can I help my bf quit smoking? -

Sunday, July 24, 2005

How can I help my bf quit smoking? -


I don-t want to be an annoying gf but it-s a bad habit and I-m worried about his heath because I care about him very much :)
I-m sure he wouldn-t think you annoying, its very sweet you care about him enough.
My sister-s boyfriend - now he husband, and a smoke free husband I may add - smoked for 7 years before he met her! I-m not really sure how she did it, but to be honest, I think she guilt tripped him. They where trying for a baby - I dunno if your quite there with your bf yet - but she basically said -I don-t want to be a widow with a child and living alone- and etc. This scared him out of smoking.
He has been smoke free for almost 6 months now, and has told me he doesn-t even crave much, which is good :)
It-s an awful habit to get into, but even worse to break out of.
Just tell him you-re worried, I-m sure if he cares for you and understands why you-re so worried, he-ll give the smoking a rest - after all, it-s just a little white death stick.

Good luck to him, and to you :)
x
I had similar experience with my husband (boyfriend at the time). He knew how I felt and I would joke about not having him around for the rest of our lives due to lung cancer so I need to make the best of my time with him. I never made him stop cold as that is hard for anyone to do. He was not a heavy smoker so maybe that helped. A pack would last him about a week or less. After putting in perspective how much a pack costs and the savings, he slowly cut back and soon started buying packs every other week instead of weekly and bumbed cigs off his friends. He quickly grew tired of having to ask friends and the weeks he didn-t buy, he noticed the saving in money and a difference in his health. He decided to stop cold only after he was only smoking a few times a week. He did this as a new years resolution for himself not for me.

Now the taste of cigs makes him sick.

Good luck and I hope it works out.
Well you can-t make him quit but you can talk to him about it, nicely i might add and dont sound forceful.just tell him your concerns about his health and that you love him.
first step for him would be to talk to a doctor because they know about quitting programs and medications that can make quitting easier and increase chances of quitting for good. be supportive of him!!!

If you really want to quit smoking do what I did. Buy the eCigarette. It works great, you still get to smoke and there is no tar, tabbaco, or smell. I am telling you I bought it at a mall for $150, I found it for about $70 at http://www.giftgiftgifts.com/cat-ecigarette.cfm and there is a lot of information at http://www.gadgetworldus.com/eCigrettes.html Ceck it out.
haiz... very difficult la... maybe u shd pick up smoking to annoy him,
How can I help my bf quit smoking? -