How do I quit smoking? -

Friday, July 15, 2005

How do I quit smoking? -


I am 15 and have been smoking for at least ax months. I can-t control myself. I-m so desperate that I either take some from my dad or find some in ashtrays and burn the filter. At first it was just up at my vacation home but now it-s everywhere. I have been secretly smoking without my parents knowing but now I-m worried. I love to sing and I don-t want to lose that.
Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
unfortunately you are not old enough to purchase over the counter gum or patches, you have to be 18. I would suggest talking to your doctor when you go for a checkup - he isn-t allowed to tell your parents, so they wouldn-t find out unless he prescribes something. There are many behavioral things you can do... like having snacks instead of cigarettes to help with the oral craving of having a cigarette.
Hi Keti I started smoking at an age of 16-17 and got hooked on to it for 25 years. I tried many attempts to quit but nothing could work. Addiction of smoking is 300 times stronger compared to that of heroine or cocaine. To quit is difficult but is doable. I am myself now successfully away from smoking for last one year. I encourage you to quit, you can do it, you should have a desire to quit. I am a member also of an online yahoo health group, namely kickbutts-nosmoking, where I get free support to continue my quit. You may join this or some similar online group at your wish. Love and hugs. Wishing you a smokefree life - MK from India
You can try champix. It does wonders. Two of my friends that had terrible problems in quitting cigars managed to do it almost instantly with champix.
I hope that other teens who want to smoke read this. You can try Nicorette gum. It helps many people. I am very sorry that you are addicted to this filthy habit.
How do I quit smoking? -